Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:55 pm

HA! jesus ADE Image

Actually I was watching MAD MAX with a friedn of mine from Melbourne once, and my friend recognized the sign outisde of the hospital ST GEORGE'S HOSPITAL as being the one he was born in - the lucky prick..
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby bluddyangus » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:36 am

i guess they could resurect the interceptor in an unlikely situation that he finds one still ready to crack into action,,full of fuel..hidden in the underworld..just as sylvester stalone found a pristine condition hurst olds in Demolition Man..where the rebels lived in dirt..wore rags..ate rat burgers but had a mint condiion olds..that would be thunderdome level of unbelievable..they could get a replacement actor seeing as theres been about 50 james bonds..naaah..theres only one max and one interceptor..well 2..at least theres plenty of kia,s ,hyundais to make buggys out off..

how do you know that ones not a dud..
d.scott
bluddyangus

Postby Kevin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:55 am

Quote: Originally posted by MFP559 on 04 February 2006I like the idea of filling the void between 1 & 2. Apart from bringing back the Black on Black, we'd get to follow Max through his journey of depression, anger & hostility. I think it would be good to see his character hit rock-bottom as the world crumbles around him. Maybe he goes back to the MFP, only to serve for a while and watch the world turn to sh*t around him. Fifi could get killed off by the rest of toecutter's gang, sending Max on a rampage that slaughters the rest of the entire gang, leaving no survivors. Real cold-blooded vengeance killings. I'm talking throat cutting, military style executions carried out with precision, and collecting trophies as he went (weapons, etc.) We could see Max fitting the tanks to the interceptor & gutting the interior to shed unnecessary weight. Instead of ending with a big Hollywood type chase like in Thunderdome, they could recreate the Landau, the buggy, Wez's Katana, etc and leave off where the Road Warrior begins.

Something along those lines is probably the only story that I would pay the big bucks to go see at the theater. Well, either that or the zombie angle. Mel Gibson could do a cameo but I think they would need to find a new Max. In spite of what some people think, I would rather see a young guy playing Max in a prequel to MM2 than an old Mel Gibson playing Max in a sequal to Thunderdome. I want lots of car chases, no CGI, and R-rated violence; no watered down PG13 crap. Unfortunately too many action movies are rated PG13 because they want them to be accessable to more viewers so they water them down; case in point "Beyond Thunderdome" and a much more extreme example is "Robocop 3".
Kevin

Postby The Shape » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:11 pm

I was one that got all excited when I first heard of Fury Road a few years ago, but after thinking about it. It is probably better just left alone. I mean I LOVE Mad Max it is one of my all time favorite movies. Road Warrior was ok , not as good as Mad Max but decent. Then Thunderdome came about and was to be vc=ery very boring. It can only go downhill from there.
The Shape

Postby lsttype » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:32 am

Is there any current news that gives us a glimmer of hope for MM4 production???
86 GN interceptor killer
lsttype

Postby TheRoadWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:58 am

Quote: Originally posted by The Toecutter on 02 January 2006

I hope Fury Road makes up for the crap that was Thunderdome. Otherwise, I'll just write off the series entirely other than Mad Max and The Roadwarrior. Don't get me wrong, Thunderdome itself was an okay movie, but for a Mad Max movie, it's still outright crap.

I want special effects and computer bullsh*t to be kept to a minimum, preferably kept to zero. Movies look so tacky and bland with that crap, although it an have its benefits when properly used. I think Land of the Dead did a good job in this regard, and a Max installment with similar attention to detail without going overboard with effects would work out nicely.

I hear yu and agree. Unfortunately, CGI is hear to stay and I read somewhere that Miller WAS NOT concerned about Fury Road living up to its Mad Max predecessors which has me VERY concerned. Thunderdome was an amusement park for Max. He had it easy in that one. In the picture of Gibson with a beard, Max would sure look different if he had it. Yu never know. It could be possible. After all, Max DOES look different in each film.

The Road Warrior

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...

"The arrangement was I wouldn't kill yu.."
TheRoadWarrior

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:09 pm

I am afraid Mad Max will go the way of aliens...

The fist movie was kick, the second movie was the same, if not better, the third movie was a disappointment... and the fourth... lets not talk 4th shall we?

CGI will screw with the mad max feel, pretty boys and rappers take over the highways...I fear if Hollywood backs it up with to much money, it'll become an eye candy monstrosity... And because of money the R rating will be avoided at all costs. That way more people can watch the movie in theatres.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see another max, but please... let the budget be way below what we see nowadays... The Road Warrior was 10x as expensive as Mad Max, and Thunderdome was 3x as expensive as The Road Warrior. Mainly because of the extensive sets and costumes I reckon.

But Thunderdome failed where The Road Warrior succeeded. But that might also be a personal preference. I feel that if the max franchise goes on, we'll get a watered down version of what max is supposed to be. An R rated movie about a Loner... Not some PG-13 happy joy joy movie about some guy that looks cool, but doesn't act like he's had any hardship in his life. That is where Thunderdome failed, and that is where I fear Fury Road will fail...
Heroes die... Legends live on... maxrockatansky.org
[last updated: October 24th 2009]
Justice

Postby lastheromax » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Its about the Max not the car.

The car only had a small part in it. The movie is about max helping the defenseless. Even Road Warrior was about this. There was no way that the people in the oil refinery were going to live without max helping them.

The car was great, but the vechiles invented for thunderdome were also great the train coming out of the town and going down the tracks.

Did not anyone realize that Blaster (the big guy) was actually Ben from the first movie that is why max could not kill him and Ben smiled at max realizing who he was. The only thing that did not flow well was that Bruce Spence should have came back as the gyro captain rather than another character.

Hopefully there will be a MM4, but Miller should wrap the story up. With the people max helped starting to form a society and Max helping people get out of the wasteland to the new society, but in the end Max returning by himself to the wasteland.
damn them. you and me max, we'll give them back their heros.
lastheromax

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:53 pm

Blaster was NOT Benno.

He merely Reminded Max of Benno.

Benno was Older than Max in MM1.

Look at Blaster. He's maybe in his 20's

As for the Car.. It was an important Character. One that's been killed off.

Bringing it or another like it back (Including a Yellow Sedan) would be a "Shark Jumping" event.

Are we Fans or are we Fanboys?
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Postby TheRoadWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:23 am

Quote: Originally posted by lastheromax on 20 March 2006

Did not anyone realize that Blaster (the big guy) was actually Ben from the first movie that is why max could not kill him and Ben smiled at max realizing who he was.

Say what??? How do we know that wasn't the same actor playing a different role like what Spence did? Miller should have shown some kind of breif flashback from Mad Max 1 about that character or something.

RW

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...

"The arrangement was I wouldn't kill yu.."
TheRoadWarrior

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road