It is with deep sadness that I inform you of...

Two men, hand to hand, no jury, no appeal, no parole. Two men enter, one man leaves. (Put all your off topic bickering here!)

Postby Biker » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:01 am

...The passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.[/font]

I wish could say I was the author of this, but I'm not. I got it in my email this morning from a friend back in the UK and thought it very apt for this forum, in particular the thread began by Bugsgeko... read on and perhaps shake your head in sad agreement. Biker

[/font]

No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault. [/font]

[/font]

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).[/font]

[/font]

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. [/font]

[/font]

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. [/font]

[/font]

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better[/font] treatment than their victims.[/font]

[/font]

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. [/font]

[/font]

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim. [/font]

[/font]

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.[/font]

[/font]

If you still remember him pass this on. If not join the majority and do nothing.[/font]

[/font]

He will be sadly missed![/font]

[/font]
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:05 am

I think no one was there at the funeral as everyone was too busy doing something else....

Dont ask what they were doing though..... probably too busy to answer anyways....

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:32 pm

They were hanging out with Common sence's new best pal Idiocy
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby scummy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:25 am

I remember when common sence worked in the trucking industry in the 70s. Many times he showed up just in time to save people from embarresment and death , he started to show age then so one day he went away and his cousin stupity showed up. The other day I asked where he was and nobody knew so im sadend to hear of his death , we need him more than ever now RIP our departed friend .
I survived the overnighter days .
scummy

Postby Bugsgecko » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Damn it all !!!

You trying to tell me I've been performing CRP on Commonsense by teaching the evil offspring how to live life reasonably ?!

I've been slapping sense,common or otherwise,into the heads of my offspring all this time,teaching them to accept responsibilty for their actions and now you're trying to tell me that the flucknuts have won the race ?!

No Way !

I refuse to believe it ! No way will my kids blame others for their own stuff ups....or I'll die trying !
Bugsgecko

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:43 am

Well in Ipswich overnight 3 children aged around 10yrs old were killed by a train while they played on the tracks at 6.30pm. The area they were in was fenced of by a high mesh fence and it would be difficult to get into.

Police recieved reports from QLD Rail about kids throwing rocks at trains in the same area just minutes before they were hit.

It was reported that the childrens identity was not known several hours later after they were killed. No one had reported their children missing as the paper was printed.

Common sence lost out there im afraid............

I can see the grieving parents now...... someone should ask them.... "where were you?"

"Why is it three 10yr olds were running around a railwayline throwing rocks at trains?"

"Why did it take you so long to report them missing?"
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby OverheadCam » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:58 am

Quote: Originally posted by roadwarriormfp on 10 March 2006

I think no one was there at the funeral as everyone was too busy doing something else....

Dont ask what they were doing though..... probably too busy to answer anyways....

I was at the funeral.......unfortunately, without the help of 'common sense' I tripped on the hem of the sequiened ball gown I was wearing and fell in the grave....as I fell, I reached out for some 'purchase' and grabbed the feather boa the reverend was wearing and choked him to death!....it was arwful....ruined a really nice gown!
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

Postby OverheadCam » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:56 pm

I was at a service station today where a 20 something young man couldn't manage to get the pump nozzle into his fueltank.....into the tank's filler-well was close enough for him!

About 20 litres poured from ONTO HIS FEET!!!...and then onto the ground around him/(us) before the manager came out waving his hands and telling him to STOP!...

All we got was a stupid smile and a lame shrug of the shoulders!...I was freaking out about creating a static spark of any kind!...waiting for my mobile to ring and send us all 'sky-high'....I was totally flabbergasted....EVERYONE!..PLEASE STOP WALKING AROUND ON AUTOPILOT!....you're gunna kill some one...and it may be me!

I mourn the death of common sense!...I can see myself as an old man telling my grand-children....how...back in the day...common sense was 'cock'o'the walk'!
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:32 pm

the cell phone thing is bullsh*t ,i seen it on mythbusters,they made a sealed room with a dummy 'prob the guy who poured gas all overhimself'' and had gas all in it and a cell phone and no POOF.but hell i';d be a nervous pervis too watching some asshole pour gas all over the damn place.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby roadwarriormfp » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 pm

I think a lot of 20s something males have that problem of not being able to get the nozzle in the hole! lol

Yea Bart is right..... the myth of the mobile phone causeing a spark is just that.. Most sparks are actually caused by static electricity build up in the person, pump or the car itself.

But the guy pouring fuel all over the ground ???? Geees louise........ how stupid can u get??

I watched a blond girlie putting up her hair useing both hands while she drove past me on a bridge on Sunday. Obviously hair is more important then driving the actual car.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Next

Return to Thunderdome