Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Morrisminor » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:38 pm

Well here's to keeping our fingers crossed that this is the year that things get rolling on Fury Road,( at least according to imdb.com!).

And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby The Toecutter » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm

I hope Fury Road makes up for the crap that was Thunderdome. Otherwise, I'll just write off the series entirely other than Mad Max and The Roadwarrior. Don't get me wrong, Thunderdome itself was an okay movie, but for a Mad Max movie, it's still outright crap.

I want special effects and computer bullsh*t to be kept to a minimum, preferably kept to zero. Movies look so tacky and bland with that crap, although it an have its benefits when properly used. I think Land of the Dead did a good job in this regard, and a Max installment with similar attention to detail without going overboard with effects would work out nicely.
------------------------------

The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

The Toecutter

Postby Kevin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:29 am

I don't really want a Mad Max 4; the car is gone so I don't care much anymore; a midget riding on a big retarded guy is hardly a substitute; actually, nothing in Thunderdome was much of a subtitute. A Mad Max 1.5 might be cool though; it would be nice to fill in the gaps between MM1 and MM2. The other thing that will probably suck about any new movie is that they usually make action movies PG13 now (just like they did to Thunderdome) so they can appeal to a greater age range. I want an R rated movie with the Interceptor; otherwise, I'll wait for it to go to DVD before seeing it. I'm sure Gordon could build them another interceptor for the right price.
Kevin

Postby Biker » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:13 am

WHAO!!!

It's 8am here in France and I just had a flashback of a dream I had last night. Y'know how that happens sometimes. Anyways it was like I was watching a special edition of MM2 when Wez loses his bum chum to the boomerang. The scene went on from there and Max was outside the compound and had been captured and his Interceptor was about to be torched. Some how he'd managed to get away with a bow and arrows and set to picking off the marauders one at a time with it.

Just thought I'd better get that off my chest before it faded from memory.

MM4 sheesh I hope they keep the CGI low and the action high. I agree with you though Kevin, after the Interceptor bit the dust I kinda lost interest too. The first part of Thunderdome was good but it rapidly spiralled into a Goonie farce for kids.

"Midget riding a retarded guy" Yep definitely no substitute!

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:12 am

Hey Biker; do you ever watch "LCI Matin"? 7:00AM to 9:00AM in France is 11:00PM to 1:00AM here. I work the Graveyard shift so I often stream it on my PC at work. All I can say is "WOW!!!!" Melissa has a lot of American fans where I work!
Kevin

Postby Biker » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:32 am

Hey Kevin, no I haven't seen that program. I don't watch much French TV very much since I find it sooo frustrating not being fluent in French. Things on a show will look interesting and then I realise I'll never be able to understand what's being said so long as they're speaking gobble-de-gook.

I've also found out what it must be like to be illiterate. Know what I mean? I go into a shop and browse the magazine and something catches my eye, then I have to put the paper down due to not being able to read it. Yeah yeah I know, I don't have to read the text just look at the smutty pictures of her, but sometimes it's nice to get more info LOL!

I'll have a look out for it though, Melissa sounds "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!"

Hehehehheee

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:54 am

I watch "LCI Matin" purely for informational purposes; I only watch "LCI Matin" because it is by far the most informative news program on and I need to keep up on current events. (Yeah, right!). I'll take LCI over CNN any day; only Melissa could make George Bush and Iraq sound sexy.
Kevin

Postby injection scott » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Kevins got it right .........no car....no movie.

Ya hear me Miller!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back that damn car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
injection scott

Postby injection scott » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:42 pm

THE CAR THE CAR THE CAR THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
injection scott

Postby Bad cop » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:45 pm

The BOB was destoyed , maybe Max could some how aquire is original Yellow Interceptor.
"Between them and us, there's not enough runway!"
Bad cop

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road