March Hare flub

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

March Hare flub

Postby TheDarkOne » Tue Jul 20, 1999 11:32 am

Okay when March Hare smacks the phone booth you can see it already flipped over in the distance, but how did they get the shot from insider the car if March Hare is already flipped? Did they have a fourth police car (maybe one of the ones from the garage), or did they just use a camera inside another car? Also doesn't March Hare flip with it's front facing the grass, the shot from inside the car shows March Hare flipped over facing the other direction. I'm just wondering how they did it.
TheDarkOne

Big Bopper flub

Postby Jon » Tue Jul 20, 1999 3:00 pm

In Reply to: March Hare flub posted by TheDarkOne on July 20, 1999 at 19:32:29:

And when Big Bopper goes through the trailer they are airborn, but no ramp in the movie was seen!
Jon

Re: March Hare flub

Postby Peter Barton » Tue Jul 20, 1999 3:35 pm

In Reply to: March Hare flub posted by TheDarkOne on July 20, 1999 at 19:32:29:

If I recall correctly, no car is visible from the March Hare POV shot, the approach shot was probably just filmed from the front of the camera truck.

As for the car moving, the probably had to rearrange it's position after the roll over so that Big Bopper could do the ramp jump through the caravan - maybe they had to move it out of the way, and put it back later.

One thing is for sure, there were only ever 3 yellow MFP cars.

: Okay when March Hare smacks the phone booth you can see it already flipped over in the distance, but how did they get the shot from insider the car if March Hare is already flipped? Did they have a fourth police car (maybe one of the ones from the garage), or did they just use a camera inside another car? Also doesn't March Hare flip with it's front facing the grass, the shot from inside the car shows March Hare flipped over facing the other direction. I'm just wondering how they did it.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby TheDarkOne » Tue Jul 20, 1999 4:28 pm

In Reply to: Re: March Hare flub posted by Peter Barton on July 20, 1999 at 23:35:24:

From the March Hare POV shot you can already see the car on it's roof, but I guess the camera could have just been on the truck.

However in the garage sceen, the first MFP car they pass has no light bar, but the paint job is the same ag Big Bopper's but the car doesn't look like it has a front spoiler. March Hare had no front spoiler, but the paint job is different from Big bopper's. The Second car they pass looks like Max's XB (silver rims and paint job) but the car doesn't look like it has the hood scoop that Max's did. Are you sure that there were only 3 MFP cars?
TheDarkOne

Postby Peter Barton » Tue Jul 20, 1999 4:39 pm

In Reply to: Re: March Hare flub posted by TheDarkOne on July 21, 1999 at 00:28:18:

Nightrider's car is also in the MFP garage, now with lights on its roof. Guess they borrowed them from one of the yellow cars?

For front spoilers, look closely again at March Hare and Big Bopper in the opening chase. They both start with spoilers, but by the time they get to Cherry Lane, they are gone...

Remember, this is a low budget film. They swapped all kinds of stuff around and played tricks to make things look different to what they really were. Lots of stuff was shot out of sequence too, the opening chase again being a good example - most of that was filmed LAST.

: However in the garage sceen, the first MFP car they pass has no light bar, but the paint job is the same ag Big Bopper's but the car doesn't look like it has a front spoiler. March Hare had no front spoiler, but the paint job is different from Big bopper's. The Second car they pass looks like Max's XB (silver rims and paint job) but the car doesn't look like it has the hood scoop that Max's did. Are you sure that there were only 3 MFP cars?
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby TheDarkOne » Wed Jul 21, 1999 2:21 am

In Reply to: Re: March Hare flub posted by Peter Barton on July 21, 1999 at 00:39:32:

I know it's a low budget film and that they had to mix and match, I was just curious if maybe they had more than just the 3 cars, but I guess if anyone would know, it would be you. Check you later mate.
TheDarkOne

Return to General Movie Discussion