POSTERS

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

POSTERS

Postby Rockatansky » Tue Jul 20, 1999 12:26 am

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a poster from any of the first two films?Also, does anybody know where I can get a copy of one of the books?

P.s the Interceptor is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.I go to visit it all of the time,once I even got to meet Mel and got his autograph on a great 10x8 photo of him in the road warrior
Rockatansky

Re: POSTERS

Postby Jaosn Carlton » Tue Jul 20, 1999 3:03 am

In Reply to: POSTERS posted by Rockatansky on July 20, 1999 at 08:26:49:

: Does anyone know where I can get hold of a poster from any of the first two films?Also, does anybody know where I can get a copy of one of the books?

: P.s the Interceptor is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.I go to visit it all of the time,once I even got to meet Mel and got his autograph on a great 10x8 photo of him in the road warrior

If you live in the states, I could recommend a place in downtown Chicago with a framed version of Road Warrior for about $100. They also have a massive MM3 subway poster for sale. I got a R.W. movie poster in Milwaukee (folded) for only $10! Otherwise, check http://www.ebay.com/ ,it's an online auction that has Mad Max stuff all the time. Just enter "Mad Max""Road Warrior" for the keywords. Bring your wallet, the original Mad Max poster, full size, mint or VG condition, rolled and not folded goes for between $100 - $120. P.S. How th' hell you get to met Gibson?
Jaosn Carlton

Postby Rockatansky » Tue Jul 20, 1999 3:45 am

In Reply to: Re: POSTERS posted by Jaosn Carlton on July 20, 1999 at 11:03:41:

Thanks Jason,

I met him when Braveheart premiered in England.He is a cool guy,the autograph is excellent it is my pride and joy!
Rockatansky

Postby Jason Carlton » Tue Jul 20, 1999 4:57 am

In Reply to: Re: POSTERS posted by Rockatansky on July 20, 1999 at 11:45:25:

: Thanks Jason,

: I met him when Braveheart premiered in England.He is a cool guy,the autograph is excellent it is my pride and joy!

- Was it a mad crowd, or did you actually get to bump into him and gab a bit?

(the next person who does has to beat some answers outta him about Mad Max 4)
Jason Carlton

Re: Attn: Rockatanski

Postby Steve Pilant » Tue Jul 20, 1999 9:42 am

In Reply to: POSTERS posted by Rockatansky on July 20, 1999 at 08:26:49:

: P.s the Interceptor is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.I go to visit it all of the time,once I even got to meet Mel and got his autograph on a great 10x8 photo of him in the road warrior

Rockatansky, since you say you go to visit all the time, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to look at the front tyre and get the size information off of the side and provide it to this group. Several of us are looking for the information so we can have custom wheels made up. I take it you live close to Keswick?

Steve
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Postby Rockatansky » Wed Jul 21, 1999 2:08 am

In Reply to: Re: POSTERS posted by Jason Carlton on July 20, 1999 at 12:57:46:

I actually talked to him for a short time
Rockatansky

Postby Rockatansky » Wed Jul 21, 1999 2:10 am

In Reply to: Re: Attn: Rockatanski posted by Steve Pilant on July 20, 1999 at 17:42:09:

Steve,I'll try and get a look at the front tyre for you the next time I go,It's difficult though because the car is at a funny angle to where you are allowed to stand.
Rockatansky

Postby Steve Pilant » Wed Jul 21, 1999 2:26 pm

In Reply to: Re: Attn: Rockatanski posted by Rockatansky on July 21, 1999 at 10:10:39:

: Steve,I'll try and get a look at the front tyre for you the next time I go,It's difficult though because the car is at a funny angle to where you are allowed to stand.

Appreciate the help. Yeah - it does look parked at an angle. Probably will have to lean a bit to see the information. regs, Steve
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Return to General Movie Discussion