Shreeks and Beeps

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Shreeks and Beeps

Postby Jon » Wed Jun 30, 1999 5:48 am

I'm not positive, but I think some of the sound effects were dubbed (or taken out) too. In the American version I don't believe it has Max hitting his horn when he is on the bumper of the Nightrider, and in the Oz version it has a "shreek!" sound every once in a while in the movie, like where they find Johnny at the wreck, and Max says something like "hey goose, remember that code 44 we ran down a few days ago." Pan to Goose, then "Shreeek!" And I think there was another one in where the Tc & his are at the train station, the one dude says "poor bastard," and right when Tc turns around it Shreeks again. If I'm wrong on this, someone correct me, thanx.
Jon

Re: Shreeks and Beeps

Postby andre N » Wed Jun 30, 1999 6:18 am

In Reply to: Shreeks and Beeps posted by Jon on June 30, 1999 at 13:48:49:

: I'm not positive, but I think some of the sound effects were dubbed (or taken out) too. In the American version I don't believe it has Max hitting his horn when he is on the bumper of the Nightrider, and in the Oz version it has a "shreek!" sound every once in a while in the movie, like where they find Johnny at the wreck, and Max says something like "hey goose, remember that code 44 we ran down a few days ago." Pan to Goose, then "Shreeek!" And I think there was another one in where the Tc & his are at the train station, the one dude says "poor bastard," and right when Tc turns around it Shreeks again. If I'm wrong on this, someone correct me, thanx.

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE HORNS, I HAD BOTH THE US (BEING IN THE US) AND OZ VERSIONS. ALSO THE MOTOR SOUND IN CHARLIE AND ROOPS "ARGUMENT" SCENE IS OFF, US VERSION HAS MOTOR SOUND LIKE DRIVE IS GASSING IT HEAVILY, WHILE OZ VERSION HAS STEADY IDLE THAT, IF YOU WATCH THE SCENE, MAKES MORE SENSE. BY THE WAY, THE SOUND OF THE BIG BOPPER CAR AND MAXS IS TO ME, AN IDEAL CAR SOUND. I HAVE A (US) FORD CROWN VICTORIA (FOR YOU NON-US FOLKS, THAT IS THE CAR IN THE MOVIE "MEN IN BLACK" AND THE POLICE CAR THAT IS USED IN "TERMINATOR II" TO BREAK OUT OF THE MENTAL HOSPITAL). I HAVE INSTALLED A HIGH PERFORMANCE 302 AND ARE TRYING TO DUPLICATE THAT SOUND.
andre N

Return to General Movie Discussion