Bad Rip Offs

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Bad Rip Offs

Postby Jason Carlton » Mon Jul 19, 1999 5:07 am

What would you say was the WORST Mad Max rip off you've seen. Loads of trash aspiring to be like the Road Warrior was produced in the mid 80's. For instince there was one with Patrick Swayze (Ugh!) as a sword carrying wasteland hero. The movie had a slogan that went like "The action adventure that runs Mad Max off the road" (Aaarrgghh!). I saw another about a group of good folk holding a supply of water in their wasteland compound, while being terrorized by a gang of baddies lead by I believe Adam Ant (?!!) Can anybody else say "Rip Off"!
Jason Carlton

hey now

Postby TheDarkOne » Mon Jul 19, 1999 6:15 am

In Reply to: Bad Rip Offs posted by Jason Carlton on July 19, 1999 at 13:07:29:

I've seen all of those, they're not that bad. Oh wait.....yeah, they did suck. I especially remember that last one, it was really stupid.
TheDarkOne

Re: Bad Rip Offs

Postby andre N » Mon Jul 19, 1999 6:32 am

How about "dead-end drive in"? Mind you I saw this 10(?) years ago......

The first five minutes seemed cool. Society, in decay, and the main character and his brother a tow truck driver with a high performance, armored tow truck go out to pick up wrecks.

Reminded me of the excitement of that scene in MM1, where the chase goes by Fat Nancys and the diner empties, with predators (Goose) and scavengers (a bad-ass sounding F100 tow-truck) take up the chase.

After that, movie (Dead end drive in) was pure s***.

PS--in undubbed MM1, march hare say the Pursuit

Special is "very toey" (non-dubbed say "super-hot") what is the meaning? Is it used much by gearheads in Oz?
andre N

Postby andre N » Mon Jul 19, 1999 6:33 am

How about "dead-end drive in"? Mind you I saw this 10(?) years ago......

The first five minutes seemed cool. Society, in decay, the main character and his brother a tow truck driver with a high performance, armored tow truck go out to pick up wrecks.

Reminded me of the excitement of that scene in MM1, where the chase goes by Fat Nancys and the diner empties, with predators (Goose) and scavengers (a bad-ass sounding F100 tow-truck) take up the chase.

After that, movie (Dead end drive in) was pure s***.

PS--in undubbed MM1, march hare says the Pursuit

Special is "very toey" (non-dubbed say "super-hot") what is the meaning? Is it used much by gearheads in Oz?
andre N

Postby Jason Carlton » Mon Jul 19, 1999 6:50 am

In Reply to: Re: Bad Rip Offs posted by AN on July 19, 1999 at 14:32:42:

: How about "dead-end drive in"? Mind you I saw this 10(?) years ago......

: The first five minutes seemed cool. Society, in decay, and the main character and his brother a tow truck driver with a high performance, armored tow truck go out to pick up wrecks.

: Reminded me of the excitement of that scene in MM1, where the chase goes by Fat Nancys and the diner empties, with predators (Goose) and scavengers (a bad-ass sounding F100 tow-truck) take up the chase.

: After that, movie (Dead end drive in) was pure s***.

: PS--in undubbed MM1, march hare say the Pursuit

: Special is "very toey" (non-dubbed say "super-hot") what is the meaning? Is it used much by gearheads in Oz?

"Dead End Drive In"- Oh yeah, that one too! The closing is the exact same as in Mad Max. That high speed shot of the highway ahead - RIP OFF! Another bad one was used on "Mystery Science Theater". The loner in question looked like Gibson, had a black leather coat, but wore tight blue jeans (ha-ha). He rode a talking motorcycle, and in the end helped the good guys fight the baddies and their "Ultimate Machine". Basically a dump truck with big rubber spikes.
Jason Carlton

Postby TheDarkOne » Mon Jul 19, 1999 8:18 am

In Reply to: Re: Bad Rip Offs posted by Jason Carlton on July 19, 1999 at 14:50:42:

I remember that one too!!!
TheDarkOne

Postby TheDarkOne » Mon Jul 19, 1999 8:20 am

Super hot or very toey(whatever) means really fast. When a F1 car runs a really good lap, it was hot. Same goes for the movie.
TheDarkOne

Re: Bad Rip Offs - toey explanation

Postby Dave_H » Mon Jul 19, 1999 10:25 am

: PS--in undubbed MM1, march hare say the Pursuit

: Special is "very toey" (non-dubbed say "super-hot") what is the meaning? Is it used much by gearheads in Oz?

Toey means a lot of similar things, If someone was toey usually it means they are charged up and ready to go hard therefore often someone is said to be toey if their hormones are obviously pumping and are keen for a shag. this leads to the wonderfull expression "toey as a roman soldier"

a car being toey means similar stuff ie its hotted up and goes hard.

Dave
Dave_H

Postby Jason Carlton » Tue Jul 20, 1999 12:00 am

In Reply to: Re: Bad Rip Offs posted by TheDarkOne on July 19, 1999 at 16:18:50:

: I remember that one too!!!

I won't even mention "Waterworld"!
Jason Carlton

good call

Postby TheDarkOne » Tue Jul 20, 1999 4:14 am

In Reply to: Re: Bad Rip Offs posted by Jason Carlton on July 20, 1999 at 08:00:45:
TheDarkOne

Return to General Movie Discussion