Not to inspire great conversation, part2...

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Not to inspire great conversation, part2...

Postby Jaosn Carlton » Fri Jul 16, 1999 8:20 am

Recently our city had a midnight showing of The Road Warrior, and it was a full house by the way. It was interesting to listen to audience reaction around me during the film. Besides the girl behind me shouting, "Ooohh don't kill the dog!", somebody in front made an interesting parallel between Max and Han Solo. I thought about it, and for me it was: 1. Lone, amoral guy wandering the far reaches of his world. 2. Meets those good of heart in need of his help. 3. Loner helps good guys to a degree, then ditches them in time of need. 4. When the chips are down, lone guy has change of heart, comes back, and saves the day. 5. Both lone guys are really damn moody, too.
Jaosn Carlton

Re: Not to inspire great conversation, part2...

Postby Night Rider » Fri Jul 16, 1999 8:45 am

In Reply to: Not to inspire great conversation, part2... posted by Jaosn Carlton on July 16, 1999 at 16:20:51:

Hey no fair! I live in Racine and we never get stuff like that. Next time Milwaukee does something like that let me know, ok?

: Recently our city had a midnight showing of The Road Warrior, and it was a full house by the way. It was interesting to listen to audience reaction around me during the film. Besides the girl behind me shouting, "Ooohh don't kill the dog!", somebody in front made an interesting parallel between Max and Han Solo. I thought about it, and for me it was: 1. Lone, amoral guy wandering the far reaches of his world. 2. Meets those good of heart in need of his help. 3. Loner helps good guys to a degree, then ditches them in time of need. 4. When the chips are down, lone guy has change of heart, comes back, and saves the day. 5. Both lone guys are really damn moody, too.
Night Rider

Dirty Harry with a cool car

Postby Heimdal » Fri Jul 16, 1999 10:31 am

In Reply to: Not to inspire great conversation, part2... posted by Jaosn Carlton on July 16, 1999 at 16:20:51:

Personaly, I always saw Max as Dirty Harry with a cool car. He's too dark to be Han Solo, and he doesn't have a Wookie sidekick, although he did have Dog.

: Recently our city had a midnight showing of The Road Warrior, and it was a full house by the way. It was interesting to listen to audience reaction around me during the film. Besides the girl behind me shouting, "Ooohh don't kill the dog!", somebody in front made an interesting parallel between Max and Han Solo. I thought about it, and for me it was: 1. Lone, amoral guy wandering the far reaches of his world. 2. Meets those good of heart in need of his help. 3. Loner helps good guys to a degree, then ditches them in time of need. 4. When the chips are down, lone guy has change of heart, comes back, and saves the day. 5. Both lone guys are really damn moody, too.
Heimdal

not quite

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 16, 1999 12:07 pm

Han gets a hot chick though (ohhhh yeah). Erstwhile Max gets the Warrior Woman to hit on him but that's about it. And how come we never get midnight showings of Mad Max? All we get at school is Scream and Scream 2 (wow).
TheDarkOne

Re: Not to inspire great conversation, part2...

Postby Jason Carlton » Mon Jul 19, 1999 1:12 am

In Reply to: Re: Not to inspire great conversation, part2... posted by NightRider on July 16, 1999 at 16:45:17:

: Hey no fair! I live in Racine and we never get stuff like that. Next time Milwaukee does something like that let me know, ok?

: : Recently our city had a midnight showing of The Road Warrior, and it was a full house by the way. It was interesting to listen to audience reaction around me during the film. Besides the girl behind me shouting, "Ooohh don't kill the dog!", somebody in front made an interesting parallel between Max and Han Solo. I thought about it, and for me it was: 1. Lone, amoral guy wandering the far reaches of his world. 2. Meets those good of heart in need of his help. 3. Loner helps good guys to a degree, then ditches them in time of need. 4. When the chips are down, lone guy has change of heart, comes back, and saves the day. 5. Both lone guys are really damn moody, too.

It was at the Times Cinema in Wauwatosa - before the Message Board went online. Sorry!

P.S. I got a folded copy of The Road Warrior poster in VG condition at a movie poster shop next door...
Jason Carlton

Return to General Movie Discussion