The Car

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

The Car

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 16, 1999 12:32 am

I don't know if this was ever released outside of the U.S., but have any of you seen the film "The Car"? The car was basically the star and it was very Interceptor like in a bad ass, devils vehical kinda way. In fact that was the premise - it was supposed to be the spawn of Satan. It would tear around the outback of Arizona or New Mexico running down the innocent. Great supense for a low budget movie from '77, and the car itself is a gas. I believe it was a modified mid 70's Lincoln Merc, the kind my Grandpa drove with maybe a 400ci engine - big set of wheels. It was black with no doors or door handles, fat tires, orange one way mirrored windows and a shiny chrome grill that was shaped like a gravestone. Meanest sound they gave the engine (it would have to have that if it was the car of the big guy downstairs). Find a dusty copy of it at the video stores, boys!
Jason Carlton

Re: The Car

Postby Wayne Jones » Fri Jul 16, 1999 3:09 am

In Reply to: The Car posted by Jason Carlton on July 16, 1999 at 08:32:37:

: I don't know if this was ever released outside of the U.S., but have any of you seen the film "The Car"? The car was basically the star and it was very Interceptor like in a bad ass, devils vehical kinda way. In fact that was the premise - it was supposed to be the spawn of Satan. It would tear around the outback of Arizona or New Mexico running down the innocent. Great supense for a low budget movie from '77, and the car itself is a gas. I believe it was a modified mid 70's Lincoln Merc, the kind my Grandpa drove with maybe a 400ci engine - big set of wheels. It was black with no doors or door handles, fat tires, orange one way mirrored windows and a shiny chrome grill that was shaped like a gravestone. Meanest sound they gave the engine (it would have to have that if it was the car of the big guy downstairs). Find a dusty copy of it at the video stores, boys!

Yeah i seen the film. I live in australia and it was on about 1 in the morning. It was a cool film woth spectacular crashes as the cars was posesed by the devil, it was indistructable. It crashes through houses and dosnt gaine a single scratch. Not as good as mad max but still worth a look. You can see pic of it on this sight:

http://www.javelinamx.com/carstars/tvcar2.htm

The sight has some pics of Mad Max interceptor and there is a link to the sight on this page. The sight will take a while to load but please wait as this is the biggest collection of movie cars youll ever see.

The Car from The Car looks pretty cool, so cheak it out.

Wayne Jones
Wayne Jones

Return to General Movie Discussion