Nightrider's Pursuit Special

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Nightrider's Pursuit Special

Postby TheDarkOne » Thu Jul 15, 1999 4:43 am

I've been wondering about Nightrider's stolen ride lately. The sargent in March Hare said it was a pursuit special right, on methane very tight (or something like that). It was all black, had a very worn MFP badge on the read quarter pannel, internal siren and the MPF letters on the back, all marks of a pursuit special. But he says that Nightrider broke custody killed a rookie and stole the car. Why would a rookie have a pursuit special?? Or were they at the station in Sun City and that's where he stole it from. Also I thought that the pursuit vehicles were the ducks guts to cion a phrase. If this car was a pursuit special how come they had so much trouble outgunning a normal pursuit car and the normal interceptor. Not to mention Max's XB caught up without contest. Was it really a pursuit special?
TheDarkOne

Re: Nightrider's Pursuit Special

Postby Heimdal » Thu Jul 15, 1999 4:53 am

In Reply to: Nightrider's Pursuit Special posted by TheDarkOne on July 15, 1999 at 12:43:25:

We've been through all this already in earlier message board discussions. The theory is that the shotgun blast messed up the Nightrider's car's performance, in addition to all the damage it took on the long chase outrunning the cops.

: I've been wondering about Nightrider's stolen ride lately. The sargent in March Hare said it was a pursuit special right, on methane very tight (or something like that). It was all black, had a very worn MFP badge on the read quarter pannel, internal siren and the MPF letters on the back, all marks of a pursuit special. But he says that Nightrider broke custody killed a rookie and stole the car. Why would a rookie have a pursuit special?? Or were they at the station in Sun City and that's where he stole it from. Also I thought that the pursuit vehicles were the ducks guts to cion a phrase. If this car was a pursuit special how come they had so much trouble outgunning a normal pursuit car and the normal interceptor. Not to mention Max's XB caught up without contest. Was it really a pursuit special?
Heimdal

Postby TheDarkOne » Thu Jul 15, 1999 4:59 am

In Reply to: Re: Nightrider's Pursuit Special posted by Heimdal on July 15, 1999 at 12:53:53:

Uh, I don't remember any previous discuassions on this, but the car wasn't shot. The yeild sign was. Also how would damage from teh chase slow the performance. Max rammed the interceptor in the opening chase of Mad Max 2 and it still ran fine after that.
TheDarkOne

Postby Heimdal » Thu Jul 15, 1999 5:18 am

In Reply to: Re: Nightrider's Pursuit Special posted by TheDarkOne on July 15, 1999 at 12:59:45:

: Uh, I don't remember any previous discuassions on this, but the car wasn't shot. The yeild sign was. Also how would damage from teh chase slow the performance. Max rammed the interceptor in the opening chase of Mad Max 2 and it still ran fine after that.

OK. Scroll all the way down on the message board to 6/30/99. You'll see a posting, Nightrider's Nervous Breakdown. I posted that. The replies I got to that posting for the most part answered my question, and presumably would serve adequately in answering yours. In regard to the shotgun blast, yes, in the movie it was a clean miss, but supposively in the book it did some damage. Ultimately though, its best not too over analyze, in that its just a movie, the characters do whatever the script tells them, logic isn't always the keenest factor.
Heimdal

Postby TheDarkOne » Thu Jul 15, 1999 8:03 am

In Reply to: Re: Nightrider's Pursuit Special posted by Heimdal on July 15, 1999 at 13:18:46:

Damn, I am pretty unobservant, I totally didn't even notice that. I even posted something relating to that I think. Geez maybe I sould get some more sleep!!! Sorry about that.
TheDarkOne

Postby Grant Hodgson » Thu Jul 15, 1999 8:45 pm

In Reply to: Re: Nightrider's Pursuit Special posted by TheDarkOne on July 15, 1999 at 16:03:58:

May be you have a pursuit car, then a pursuit special, and then a INTERCEPTOR, as the fastest, in Australia a Police Interceptor used to patrol the Hume hwy, near Melbourne Victoria and the Nightriders car would only have had a 308 in it, and the mighty Falcon had a 351 under the hood, these motors are capable of 200 kmhs with an auto, so Max would have no problems at all catching a Holden 308!
Grant Hodgson

clearly

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 16, 1999 5:36 pm

In Reply to: Re: Nightrider's Pursuit Special posted by Grant Hodgson on July 16, 1999 at 04:45:54:

Yeah but in the movie I'm sure that Nightrider's car was supposed to be a lot faster than a holden in real life. That's why they added the exra set of tailpipes on March Hare I bet, I was to make it seen tougher than it's XA engine really was. Anyways you guys have given me enough new thoughts to occupy me for a while. Thanks
TheDarkOne

Return to General Movie Discussion