Virginia Hey's Favorite Acting Job

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Virginia Hey's Favorite Acting Job

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:32 am

[size=150]From Virginia Hey's Website.........what a wonderful philosophy she has. [/size]
[size=150] [/size]
[size=150]Favourite acting jobs[/size]

Q. What are your three favorite acting jobs?

[div]
[div]

Answer.There are many, but 3 favourites are:

Mad Mad 2 - Road warrior of course, (Road Warrior), because it was such a creative project which broke all the rules then proceeded to lead the way in a whole new genre of film style. On a personel note, my character appealed to the warrior within me.

I?c‚Ǩ‚Ѣll never forget my first day on set.. Everyone was flown to Broken Hill for the film, we all travelled on different days as each cahracter started at a different time. Shooting was in full swing by the time I arrived, I was contracted for 7 weeks and filming had been going for about a month at that stage. I was flown in from Sydney in a little 12 seater plane, it landed on a tiny red dirt runnway and I was then whisked to set by a four wheel drive.

Broken Hill was composed of one street with a few shops, one pub and one motel. The rest of the town was dotted over the most beautiful rich red land.. I?c‚Ǩ‚Ѣd never seen anything like it! I?c‚Ǩ‚Ѣd spent most of my life in England where it is very green and lush, so this alien landscape was mind boggling!

The car drove through red desert that stretched as far as the eye could see, from one horizen to the next in every direction was red! It was so breathtaking! Just as I was in heaven from this beauty we drove over a ridge and stopped before a huge cloud of dust, I thought it must have been some freak storm, when just then a figure backed out of the cloud, my eyes nearly fell out, I saw a man backing toward us in the most amazing leather trousers with no bottom in them, he was bare assed with straps and dirt and war paint and a bright blue MOWHAWK hair do! WOW! What was this planet!!! I thought the residants of Broken Hill must be WILD!!!!Then the dust subsided, and the camera crew and lights and smoke machine came into view?c‚Ǩ- I realised that what I was looking at was an actor backing out of a shot filled with smoke from a smoke machine?c‚Ǩ- He was Guy Norris, the stunt actor who smashed his leg whilst doing a huge summersalt off a bike as it smashed into a car in one scene! Remember?

That did it, after that initial vision I was mesmerised from that day onward! And yes, Mel was gorgeous, very funny, didnt crave attention and was very supportive (which can be unusual for actors), very married and a sheer joy to work with.. There is not a twisted egotistical bone in that mans?c‚Ǩ‚Ѣ body.. Which is one of the reasons for his position today![/div][/div]
Anklecranker

Return to General Movie Discussion