No more mad max 4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:46 pm

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 22 January 2005

like i've said in the past - f**k all the rumours, f**k all the gossip.

I'm not writing off a MAD MAX 4, and i'm not expecting one.

When i see the first 'On Set' photo, or add, not just some sh*t, some Net geek has rustled up, - then i'll believe the movie's getting made.

Geeze Lueeze, I hope you don't mean me. I'm just tryin' to help. If I see or here anything that I think should be brought to this Board's attention, I tell it. But as I said in my earlier thread, unless I see a MM4

movie trailer or official statement by Gibson himself, I won't bother hoping. That production was going up and down, on and off, to and fro like a damn yo yo.

Tom

"you can run!..but you can't hide!.."

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:48 pm

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 21 January 2005

All ya'll have just said it all.... for once i'm lost for words.

What do ya' mean?

Tom

"you can run!..but you can't hide!.."

Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:57 pm

Hey Rock!

Though I make low budget films on the side, every six months of the year, I rake and shovel hot asphalt on the highways across Alberta. Hark! I wonder where and from what I got that idea from? Image

Anyhoo, what's the asphalt paving like in Australia? Are the crews working 12 months of the year since there's no winter?

Thanx.

Tom
Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby AdrianUK » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:37 pm

This may be of interest to some although probably boll*cks to others, it's out of a local news paper called the "METRO", a friend passed it on.

THE GREEN ROOM column by Neil Sean, Friday 21 January 2005

Mel Gibson wants to direct a sequel to the Mad Max films. "It could be great with Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera) or Colin Farrell in the lead,' he said. "It's a gem of a story."

Wonder where that info came from?
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:53 am

Thats what i'm talkin' 'bout ADE.

Aye TOM ya got me all wrong, mate - i wasn't picking on your info in particuar, i was picking on all the f**king info we've been receiving for 5 or 6 years now .

i first heard a whiff of a sequel back in 99', and ever since then, its been on and off rumours, - rumours, we're supposed to get all excited about, but nothing ever happens. sh*t by now (according to past rumours) we should be hearing about a MAD MAX 5, by now...

The AUS. ashphalt? - sh*t all i can tell you is my little state - TASMANIA, has the laziest council in AUSTRALIA, we got pot holes in every street, and they never get mended because the damn council has over spent their budget from the previous years, so have to justify the money, by building NEW roads, we don't need, and then they take a year to bloody do it...
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:16 am

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 23 January 2005

Aye TOM ya got me all wrong, mate - i wasn't picking on your info in particuar, i was picking on all the f**king info we've been receiving for 5 or 6 years now .

i first heard a whiff of a sequel back in 99', and ever since then, its been on and off rumours, - rumours, we're supposed to get all excited about, but nothing ever happens. sh*t by now (according to past rumours) we should be hearing about a MAD MAX 5, by now...

Okey dokey, no problem Rock. A Mad Max 5 should have been done by now. I agree. I too find these yo yo rumours about Fury Road.

The AUS. ashphalt? - sh*t all i can tell you is my little state - TASMANIA, has the laziest council in AUSTRALIA, we got pot holes in every street, and they never get mended because the damn council has over spent their budget from the previous years, so have to justify the money, by building NEW roads, we don't need, and then they take a year to bloody do it...

Too bad, man. You should have seen the 'asphalt paving hiring' situation back in 2001. When I first applied, abunch of the paving companies had a shortage of experienced paving crews. They didn't want to hire me at first because I was green- I had to put my foot down about that- then I got hired. There was a shortage and they didn't want to train anybody but yet there wasn't any experienced crews available-- talk about moving up the creek without a paddle. But once a person gets the experience, working on the highways is cool- lots of hours to be worked- from sun up to sun down. A good workout.

Tom

Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:50 pm

I'm sure it would kick arse over f**king Factory Work (which i've been in for the past 2 to 3 years) anyday.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:11 am

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 27 January 2005

I'm sure it would kick arse over f**king Factory Work (which i've been in for the past 2 to 3 years) anyday.

Maybe you should go for it. Unless you have a family and don't want to take a risk. I had an old lady that f**ked off on me when I was pavin' because she was too needy. Wanted someone to hold her hand every minute and was too lazy to work and she didn't like my 10- 14 hour shifts. I told her that I wasn't going to bail from the job so SHE bailed. More money for me. At $12- 14 bucks an hour on a 10, 12 or 14 hr shift aday, I can't go wrong. Sure, tempers flare at the end of every shift but that's normal in this job. We don't take it personally.

Tom

Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby OverheadCam » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:17 am

IMHO

The whole "Fury Road" rumor sounds like a capital raising exersice!

Alarm bells started ringing when I heard it was to be done in Southern Africa,

Why would anyone in their right mind go to such a politically unstable and physically dangerous place...because their deserts are better?, come on!

They were trying to see if there was enough of a following/interest from investors for the movie to a be worthwhile proposition!

Africa has millions of people spread out over large areas of the countryside with signs of human habitation everywhere,

Australia has a few tens of millions of people crowded into a few sities on the coast, most of the country is desolate....but still safe!

Fury Road was a timid toe in the water.......and the water was cold!
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

No more mad max 4

Postby OverheadCam » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:27 am

P.S

To Tom Millan,

hope I'm not rude butting in but..

We're about 10years behind North America and 15 years behind Europe

we're just starting on StoneMastic (reinventing the wheel seems to be an Aussie past-time) and sound absorbing pavements,

Sealing is done with hot cutback (not Emulsion) which is real popular up here in the tropics of Queensland,

Hope you have a nice winter....hope to get over there at the end of the year to experience at least 1 other season!

Cheers
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road