No more mad max 4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:28 am

lets not forget that certain film series that started absolutely awesome, and had everyone wanting to wair giant black coats, and fire guns in slow motion - whcih died in the arse severely.

that bastard took up alot of AUSSIE resources too...
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:59 am

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 20 January 2005

lets not forget that certain film series that started absolutely awesome, and had everyone wanting to wair giant black coats, and fire guns in slow motion - whcih died in the arse severely.

that bastard took up alot of AUSSIE resources too...

Ahhh yes....The Matrix trilogy... That is true. However, I thought that the Matrix trilogy was pretty good. But, I know what you mean. They took up alot of Australian space and studios aswell. But as far as Fury Road is

concerned, call it "Nothing Road" because I no longer believe that Gibson is going to do it. The rumour spreaders are dangling a carrot infront of us. Until I see a movie trailer or something, I won't bother hoping for it. It's dead in the water and I think Gibson wants us to 'just get over it already'. No problem, Mel. You pushed us to it.

Tom
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby MFPIntercepta » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:00 am

I for one, hope now they don't make it. Think about it.

1)It's been too long since "Thunderdome."

2)If memory serves, "Thunderdome" took place some 18 years after "Road Warrior." Society became more medieval and there were even few cars than before. Given Gibson's age, you would have to place the new film decades after that. Um, where would the cars be? Even with using alternate forms of power, society would still be in a pre-industrial stage.

3)It's now the retrofuture. Good luck finding 70's muscle to tear up that hasn't met the car crusher. Also, gangs with relatively pristine interceptors, trucks, etc. would not happen.

4)No Gibson, no Max. Period. This isn't the James Bond franchise. It's the same as getting a new guy to play Riggs in a "Lethal Weapon 5."

5)See my proposed remake thread. Miller would benefit from getting fat at the trough with a loose remake of "Mad Max" that incorporates the favorite elements of that film. Movies like "The Fast and The Furious" and the "Gone in Sixty Seconds" remake have demonstrated there's a market for car pictures.
"Save it. I'm just here for the gasoline."
MFPIntercepta

No more mad max 4

Postby Mad Max 2050 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:15 pm

But both those films werent good, Fast and Furious has no real plot line or story, and that coupled with some REALLY dodgy CGI car stunts made a real stinker, Gone in 60 secconds wasnt quite so bad, but i like the original better, which goes for most of the Hollywood remakes theyre doing just now, the originals are always far superior. Italian Job? Wasnt even set in Italy for gods sake... Hollywood just seems to rape the basic story, piss about with it and make it sh*te

Nah stick with the original Mad Max, it wil NEVER be beaten, and I for one dont want to see it turned into some popcorn Hollywood drivel.

"Big Bopper gotcha here, what's going down?"
Mad Max 2050

No more mad max 4

Postby MFPIntercepta » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:51 pm

I didn't mean to imply that "The Fast and the Furious" and the "Gone in Sixty Seconds" remake were great films, merely that there's a market for smashmouth car movies, and that Miller is just letting money sit on the table. I think we could trust a filmmaker of Miller's caliber (I can forgive him for Thunderdome) to make a solid film, even if the proposed remake wasn't as good as the first two "Max" films. I'd rather see that than a too-little-too-late sequel that may not even feature Mel Gibson.
"Save it. I'm just here for the gasoline."
MFPIntercepta

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:12 am

Nah stick with the original Mad Max, it wil NEVER be beaten, and I for one dont want to see it turned into some popcorn Hollywood drivel.

Well, the Mad Max styled film that I am working on is not in any way being done to compare to Mad Max or to be better than it. I have no intention of letting Hollywood purchase it. The film "The Road's Most Wanted" (read my thread) if and when completed will be available in Canada and Australia and any other country by request. The film is my tribute and grattitude to the Mad Max films and George Miller and Byron Kennedy. All Mad Max fans that have input and help out in any way, will be put on the end credits. Thats what I want. Hope you have some faith in me fellas. It was The Road Warrior that jump started my desire to make action films and eventually make a tribute action/ drama on the film.

Thanx.

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:59 am

All ya'll have just said it all.... for once i'm lost for words.
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby lemmingzappa » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:43 am

Man this sux, I was really hoping for a 4th.
lemmingzappa

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:15 am

like i've said in the past - f**k all the rumours, f**k all the gossip.

I'm not writing off a MAD MAX 4, and i'm not expecting one.

When i see the first 'On Set' photo, or add, not just some sh*t, some Net geek has rustled up, - then i'll believe the movie's getting made.
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby SCREWLOOSE » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:25 am

Here Here Rock. I want to see another movie as much as anyone, until I see a photo etc I wont believe it!!
Pray hes out there!!
SCREWLOOSE

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road