No more mad max 4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

No more mad max 4

Postby lemmingzappa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:52 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0345292/Mad Max: Fury Road , which was to have returned http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/Mel Gibson to the role he made famous in three Australian-filmed action flicks in the late '70s and early '80s, has been scrapped, published reports in Australia said Sunday. Although hundreds of thousands of dollars had already been spent on development of the film, work was halted last week reportedly because of logistical difficulties. Originally set to film last July in Namibia, the production was postponed because of security concerns. Oddly, Namibia, which is mostly Christian and is located in southern Africa, is not regarded as a terrorist target, and no security advisories have been issued for the country. Principal filming had been scheduled for the Kalahari desert, which is sparsely populated. Director http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004306/George Miller said Sunday that filming could not take place elsewhere because the Kalahari uniquely offers a hard surface for the vehicles that were to be used in the movie. Elsewhere, they would have bogged down, he said.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2004-06-14#film2

[/font]
lemmingzappa

No more mad max 4

Postby MFP1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:36 pm

This is actually old news, unless a very similar story has surfaced. The more recent update has been (as far as I have seen, please ofrgive if there is actuall new news), that production has resumed as terrorist threats have lessened somewhat, and the film is back on with gibson to plat a cameo (or posibly more) of the Max role
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

No more mad max 4

Postby lemmingzappa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Oh really ? sorry for posting old news.
lemmingzappa

No more mad max 4

Postby lemmingzappa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:45 pm

Well atleast they are resuming it w00 !
lemmingzappa

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:04 am

Never understood why this whole SOUTH AFRICAN filming thing started in the first place.

the rumour was cause the Broken hill outback or something had been flooded and was gonna bog all the vehicles or something (I ain't quoting, i just remember this from couple of years ago). - But NSW. is pretty big, surely they can find a little bit of desert out there, not bogged up.

What the f**ks wrong with filming in AUSTRALIA? Image ... jesus even some bits of MELBOURNE, or even TASMANIA, are pretty dusty.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:25 pm

Well, I'm sure they had their reasons.

Maybe they'd even make sense to us normal humans, eh?Image

as for the News.. I guess it's back to business as usuall.

Watching & Waiting, Playing Mah Jhong, taking tea..

(BTW, No I haven't been gone. Just sitting back & watching)
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

No more mad max 4

Postby MFP1 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:31 pm

On the S. Africa Shooting.....

I understood it to be largly because they ave expansive Sandy desert looking areas that are actually hard packed like the salt flats where the land speed records are set here in the USA. You know.. then they can use muscle cars, spacy "Blade Runner" cars, or whatever, and not be limited to paddle tyres, dune buggys and other "Loose Terrain" vehicles.

Dont know how accurate this is, but its what I have heard.

Seems like they did O.K. in MM2(R.W.) and MM3(T.D.) for those desert scenes.........
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

No more mad max 4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:04 pm

Yeah it is very rocky in South Africa, perfect for driving, but unless there gonna be doing any THUNDERDOME type desert sand driving, what the heels wrong with the Highways in Broken hill?
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

No more mad max 4

Postby MFP1 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:00 am

I whole heartedly agree........

After all, could it possibly be "Fury Road" Without a FREAKIN" ROAD??????Image
MFP1

No more mad max 4

Postby Tom Millan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:12 am

What the f**ks wrong with filming in AUSTRALIA? Image ... jesus even some bits of MELBOURNE, or even TASMANIA, are pretty dusty.

Well, the problem is that all of the sound studios and other editing facilities and stuff were all booked up by

George Lucas for those dumb Star Wars prequels. What a waste! After seeing Phantom Menace, I wasn't interested in seeing Star Wars II or III for that matter.

Tom
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road