ROADWAR 151

Fan events and get togethers - Wasteland Weekend, Roadwar, etc..

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:45 pm

ROADWAR 151 is officially on. It will be taking place in Mid April of 2005 in San Antonio Texas. It will consist of a various events over the course of one day and two nights:
    A "Pre Party" the night prior with live music for participants pre-registered for the "RUN".
    A "RUN" for film replicas, inspired vehicles, muscle cars, and fans around Loop 1604 and down Hwy 151 terminating at the Alamo Draft House and Cinema.
    A Mad Max Movie Marathon consisting of a screening of all three movies in the series MM, RW and BTD at ADHC.
    A post gathering at local establishment once the marathon is over.

More details to follow as they become available, please post general questions/comments/suggestions here.

Additionally there is an e-mail account set up ( roadwar151@sbcglobal.net ) for private correspondence/arrangements. (Note the Alamo Draft House will be setting up information on their web site as will as providing presale of Movie Marathon Tickets as the exact dates are confirmed)[/font]http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[color=#0000ff size=2]http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[/color]

This a sequel to the Karol Bartoszynski production ROADWAR 101, with the assistance and support of same

WoooHoooo!!!!!!!!!! We're going to have something big happening during April "05"!!!!! Come one come all we are conveniently and centrally located in the middle of the USA....... Look forward to seeing many of you there...

ROADWAR 151 MIDDLEGROUND.... "When the Fans take over the Highway"....[/font]
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:07 pm

Alamo Draft House and Cinema has confirmed the date and time for the Mad Max Movie Marathon and is as follows:

Marathon will begin at 4:00 PM on Saturday the 16th of April 2005. All three movies will be shown in consecutive order with a 30 min or so intermission in-between each making the completion of the marathon at approx. 10:00 pm. They are encourage arrival 30 to 45 minutes early so as to mill around and get settled and enjoy ourselves. They also encourage us to stay after for some more time and drinks....

With all this set it makes the Pre Party on the evening of Friday the 15th (for those pre registered via the e-mail noted in the earlier post). It also will make the "RUN" @ Approx. 2:00 PM on Saturday the 16th in order to terminate at the cinema on schedule...

Alamo Draft House Cinema: Will be posting the Movie Event on their web site http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[color=#0000ff size=2]http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[/color] [/font]some time in the next weeks and Pre-selling the advance tickets. Prices have been set at $21.00 for the Movie Marathon Event in advance and $25.00 at the door (Note if seats are available at show time, single movie tickets will also be sold)

The Pre Party (for those Pre Registered) and the Run will of course be free (we don't own the Hwy...yet anyway)

Hope to see you all in San Antonio.....[/font]
Pulse:

PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

ROADWAR 151

Postby Mitch » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:32 am

I have some questions of a more specific nature to my situation , but I thought I'd post a few of interest to others besides myself.

What is the parking situation like at the Alamo?

Nearest hotel/group discounts?

Is this a rental for a private party or is it open to the public?

Can we set up a Thunderdome on the parking lot? LOL!

Mitch
Mitch

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:36 am

They (ADHC) will be sectioning a portion of the parking lot for us to use. The size of that area will be dependent on the number of pre-registered vehicals in the "RUN" and will be reserved for those vehicles. Other than that the lot is quite large and lighting is very good. The theater anchors a strip center with many of the units being Offices that are not open on the weekends. I went tonight (Friday) (they treated myself and some guests to National Treasure) the place was pretty dang full and there were still lots of "good/safe" parking. They also said that if a "high dollar" replica of a MM car was to arive they would allow it to park in a court yard area between the ticket windows and the doors if the owner wanted.... (Also dependent on the pre-registration for the RUN, and the types of Cars that may commit, I may concider fronting for a rent a cop/big thug above their own)

I will pull some hotel information for the area and post as soon as possible, and I will work some discounts if possible. But for now I'll just say "it should not be a problem" there are quite a few very close, and everything from the Hyatt to Motel 6 to Omar's roach infested by the hour room rental with in easy range... (don't worry Omar's is the farthest by far).

The "RUN" and Pre Party is by registration, however the sale of tickets to the Movie Marithon will be open to the public. We are optioned into ether a 90 seat theater or a 170 seat depending on pre sales, and they have said they will even run two if it gets that big. To reaseve it as private only I would have had to pay up front (sorry I'm not even close to that rich). While I don't think that it will sell out of the 170 seat, I still think it would be wise to pre-buy if possible, and if for some reason you would have to cancel I would be glad to try to sell your seats localy if possible the night of the shows (but no promises and would have to be on a conditional and case by case bases).

Sorry no Thunderdome in the parking lot, however if you want to bring the Steel and equipment, show up a month early, and sleep in my store room you can build it in my back yard (.75 acres). (Oh the wife would love that,,,, you know actualy she would LOL)

Thanks for the interest and questions Mitch, Hope you can come....

Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby MACHVII » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:51 am

So, how do we pre-register?

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII
"When I gun the engine I want everyone to think the world is coming to an end" - Homer Simpson
MACHVII

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:55 pm

To pre-register for the "RUN", Just trace your face and send it in a self addressed..... "Oh sorry that's not right at all."

All you need to do write me at the e-mail noted above (mailto:roadwar151@sbcglobal.net) with your intention to come. Dates and time of your arivial, Mode of getting here, and what if any vehicle you will be driving in the "RUN", Real Name, e-mail and mailing address. This way I can send you updates, I Will not put you on any sort of mailing list, this is only for the planning of the event, and connecting those involved. As your plans are solidified, I would also like to know what Hotel/Motel you will be at (so it can be suggested it to the others, via their contact information). If available I would also like to have a picture of the vehicle for the up-comeing web site (thanks Karol), (and a photo of yourself too if you like) I will keep all information provided as confidintial as you request. NOTE THIS WILL ONLY PRE-REGISTER YOU FOR THE RUN (and Party), IT WILL NOT GET YOU INTO THE MOVIE MARATHON AT ADHC. PRE-SALE OF TICKETS FOR THE MOVIES WILL BE HANDLED ON THEIR WEB SITE IN THE COMING WEEKS. Do not send any money or account information to me. The RUN, Pre-Party, and subsequent arrangments are "FREE" and are fan sponsored events. Pre Registration for the RUN is a method to ensure we do not end up with some terminal crazies (other than ourselves) tarnishing our RUN, Town, Parties, and good names.

MachVII: Thanks so much for the questions I hope to see you here in April.
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:29 pm

I have put together a "word Doc" with a hotel/motel listing for lodging located near the ADHC location. They are any where from one (1) to six (6) miles from the cinema and in various price ranges, E-mail me as noted in earlier posts and I will forward you the list and information on each in referance to their proximity to the Cinema and/or the RUN route.

Once the official staring point for the RUN is chosen I will update the list to reference lodging close to the starting point of it....
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby Anklecranker » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:22 am

If its good enough for Mitch its good enough for the Anklecranker.

I have spoken..............

Anklecranker

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:40 am

Alamo Darfthouse now has the Mad Max Movie Marathon up on their web site http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[color=#0000ff size=2]http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[/color] [/font]. Just go to their site, click on Calendar scroll down to April and there is the link. Follow the clicks and you can pre-purchase your tickets!!

Also Karol has bought a new domain name and will be putting up a new web site for all things ROADWAR USA! (RoadWar101, ROADWAR151, and who knows what the future holds next)[/font]
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby Anklecranker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:55 am

Ready.......

Anklecranker

Next

Return to Events