Burned out wreckage

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Burned out wreckage

Postby Jason Carlton » Thu Jul 15, 1999 6:12 am

This is if my memory serves me partially correct: When Hummongous & crew appraoch the compound after Max is cuffed to the railing, the camera pans back and shows a wreck at the front gate. Now you might be thinking I'm refering to that pink 50's Chevy Bel Aire type thing. However, this earlier wreckage has space in the hood for a blower to rise out from and looks similar to an XA, but I'm not sure. What wuz it, anyhow?
Jason Carlton

Re: Burned out wreckage

Postby andre N » Thu Jul 15, 1999 11:26 am

In Reply to: Burned out wreckage posted by Jason Carlton on July 15, 1999 at 14:12:08:

Been a while (too long) since I've watched it, but I hear it might be the Landau that chases Max in the opening scene?
andre N

Postby Wayne Jones » Thu Jul 15, 1999 4:25 pm

In Reply to: Re: Burned out wreckage posted by AN on July 15, 1999 at 19:26:41:

: Been a while (too long) since I've watched it, but I hear it might be the Landau that chases Max in the opening scene?

Yeah, i seen the movie at least 50 times and i can gurantee you that the cars is the Landau from the opening scene. They smashed the car up a fair bit more after the crash to try and diguise.

Wayne Jones
Wayne Jones

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 16, 1999 12:09 am

In Reply to: Re: Burned out wreckage posted by wayne Jones on July 16, 1999 at 00:25:35:

: : Been a while (too long) since I've watched it, but I hear it might be the Landau that chases Max in the opening scene?

: Yeah, i seen the movie at least 50 times and i can gurantee you that the cars is the Landau from the opening scene. They smashed the car up a fair bit more after the crash to try and diguise.

: Wayne Jones

Right - when Max goes for the Mack rig w/ Gyro Capt., one can hardly make out the Landau, even w/ the widescreen version.
Jason Carlton

Return to General Movie Discussion