Make Mad Max Museum

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Make Mad Max Museum

Postby Jason Carlton » Wed Jul 14, 1999 2:38 am

The good folks of Broken Hill could easily turn their Road Warrior connection into a small profit. In the desert town of Rachael Nevada, a cafe owner created an alien theme for his store to cater to UFO buffs out to find green men at Area 51. Likewise, a simple pub owner at Broken Hill could make an attraction by displaying the F100 & Interceptor wrecks on his property for a modest fee. Maybe turn a back room into a display of locals memorabilia with pictures & stories. No more stuff gets stolen, and a business owner does good. Maybe even sell product, like something that says, "I made it out of the Wasteland, and all I got was this lousy shirt!"...
Jason Carlton

Re: Make Mad Max Museum

Postby Steve Pilant » Wed Jul 14, 1999 10:05 pm

In Reply to: Make Mad Max Museum posted by Jason Carlton on July 14, 1999 at 10:38:04:

: The good folks of Broken Hill could easily turn their Road Warrior connection into a small profit. In the desert town of Rachael Nevada, a cafe owner created an alien theme for his store to cater to UFO buffs out to find green men at Area 51. Likewise, a simple pub owner at Broken Hill could make an attraction by displaying the F100 & Interceptor wrecks on his property for a modest fee. Maybe turn a back room into a display of locals memorabilia with pictures & stories. No more stuff gets stolen, and a business owner does good. Maybe even sell product, like something that says, "I made it out of the Wasteland, and all I got was this lousy shirt!"...

Perhaps the people of Broken Hill each have their own items they like to keep on their own properties as this brings folks to different areas where they can informally be shown these items instead of all these items combined in a commercialized setting. I'm thinking part of what makes the experience of Broken Hill fun and gives it charm is to be able to meet some of these folks one on one on their own turf and to be able to experience some of these things without large tour groups with "no photos allowed" signs and a ton of other people right there with you like many museums have. Were I to visit there, I would prefer an informal setting and the solace of visiting some of the filming sites alone or with maybe one close friend. What fun would it be being shuffled from room to room like any Hollywood museum or theme park? I'd like to see the items secure, but not necessarily commercialized.
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Re: Make Mad Max Museum

Postby Jason Carlton » Thu Jul 15, 1999 12:48 am

In Reply to: Re: Make Mad Max Museum posted by Steve Pilant on July 15, 1999 at 06:05:45:

My suggestion is also based on the fact I live in the U.S., probably never to make it to Australia - let alone Broken Hill. If those items were grouped together for all to see, eventually I'd see them as well via photos, program, etc. Somewhat selfish I know, but keeping it all a secret locks out those who will never make down.
Jason Carlton

Return to General Movie Discussion