What a plie of CRAP !!!

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby FordMercury » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:44 am

Do you know the reasons why they postponed it?
FordMercury

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby XAMan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:47 am

No ... other than the published reason of the War in the middle east and terrorist fears.

XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby FordMercury » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:02 am

Strange, im confused you're Peter Barton right from this website?Let me tell you this i've tried to get in touch with Brendan Mccarthy who worked(and will work?) on the script with Miller for MM4, and he couldnt say anything regarding MM4 because of NDA's, so i assume the movie is not dead, i even asked him about the rumoured MM dvd special editions and he said he couldnt about anything MM related.........
FordMercury

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby XAMan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:41 am

BM

I am not Peter Barton. Peter B posts under his own name.

You are absolutely right about the NDAs. They are so all encompasing that people are prevented from even saying they are attached to the project.

This is normal and expected commercial practice in the film industry.
XAMan (Pete)

XAMan

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby FordMercury » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:46 am

Damn, i just hope we get one more Mad Max movie to end the series.....with Mel on it of course, what are you're thoughts?do you think they'll do it?
FordMercury

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby XAMan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:05 am

I truely hope so.

For what it's worth I think that it will happen in '05. That's just speculation on my part and who knows what wacky projects Mel will now be offered with the success of The Passion.

It is not the first time that a film has been in heavy pre-production and had the pi pulled only to reemerge at a later time.

Let's hope that Fury Road is brought to the screen but it will ... in the end ... be a commercial decision not an emotional one.

XAMan (Pete)

XAMan

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby FordMercury » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:14 am

well i was reading an old article about MM4 where Mel hadnt signed yet and he talked about lack of trust by the studios i assume, on him, and now he just keeps getting everybody owned with his latest movie, i mean i think its safe to say that MEL GIBSON sells movies and makes money to studios lol. Also the latest news on this website about the movie gives me hope.........
FordMercury

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby Gordon Hayes » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:27 am

I wonder if Mel Gibson himself has any emotion on the Mad Max "thing".

He has said a few times that he wants to quite the acting and go behind the camera full time..

I wonder if he might think about finishing his major on-screen rolls the way he started.

Now after "Passion", money must be almost irrelevant in his life..

Perhaps he might find some more Passion and go out with the film that started it all.

You got to wonder... (as I wonder if I am crazy for even thinking such a thing).

Sadly and honestly I cannot see this happening as Mel has never indicated anything other than a commercial (paycheck) interest in the Mad Max

films.

I think he owe's the Mad Max film's / cult something. But I do not think Mel thinks that.

No doubt (at all) Mel is so talented that he would have made it with out Max.

But it was still the start of the road for him.. nothing can ever change that.[/font]
Cheers

From OZ

Gordon
Gordon Hayes

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:48 am

Nice car. But this guy obviously doesn't know how 'CULT' the MAD MAX movies are, and just how many well informed fans there are. Cause if he did. He wouldn't be pulling that sh*t.

Plus sh*t from movies doesn't get auctioned off usually till months after the movie is released.

I remember seeing RED DRAGON down here in TASSIE on THURSDAY 24th OCT 2002. And it wasn't till a fortnite after that, that i started seeing Clothing and props from the movie on EBAY.

And sh*t - ROB ZOMBIE didn't start selling HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES sh*t till the DVD was released, like 4 months after the movie's theatrical release.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

What a plie of CRAP !!!

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:11 pm

Come on! "Don't play me the fool..." It's an AMERICAN, LEFT-HAND drive 73/74 Plymouth Satellite that came stock with a 318/727 Torqueflite! Daisy Duke even had one...yellow with black strobe stripes...just pick a year (71-74). He's just blaspheming again...what a turkey! Is that HEMI-lasious orange-peel paint? RARE... It does look tough, but a 71-72 would have looked even meaner with the airscoop front end, and the airgrabber popping up to let in some air for the 440 Super Commando underneath. "I have spoken."
Bronze21

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road