A sign of hope from Newsweek

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Thunderdome » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:03 pm

I just read this online at newsweek.com:

March 29 issue - Last week Mel Gibson told Fox News talk-show host Sean Hannity he was interested in filming the story of the Maccabees-the Jewish liberators whose triumph is celebrated at Chanukah. Could Gibson, whose "Passion of the Christ" has been called anti-Semitic, have been serious? Absolutely, says his publicist, Alan Neirob. "I've heard him talk about this project for years." But Gibson won't be doing it this year-for one thing, he's making a fourth "Mad Max" movie (the first since 1985), called "Mad Max: Fury Road." "Isn't it funny," one industry source muses. "A month ago, everybody was saying 'The Passion' would hurt Mel's career, and now all anyone wants to know is what he's doing next."

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4569728/

Now, I take this as a sign of hope. If you notice in the article, they actually talk to his publicist, so if the publicist himself said he'll be making it, then it's more or less guaranteed. But if it's the writer of the article just saying it based on what he might have seen on the internet about the movie, then it could be wrong.

Please, let's see Fury Road in 2005!!!!!

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Postby Thunderdome » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:09 pm

Just as a sidenote, I didn't start that thread on here that said "Newsweek: FR a go!" When I checked out the board, there was no name on the thread itself and when I started this thread, my name appeared as the thread-starter for the "Newsweek: FR a go!" topic.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Postby XAMan » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:33 pm

I hope to be proven wrong on this as noone is more keen for FR to happen than me ...

BUT ... I'm currently working with someone who worked on MM2 and MM3 and was part of the first stab at FR ... and that person has no knowlege of the project proceeding.

The only glimmer of hope is that the project wasn't 'cancelled' but was 'on indefinite hold'.

XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

Postby XAMan » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:11 am

And another side-note ... I posted to one thread but it appeared in both ... curious and curiouser ...
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

Postby FordMercury » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:18 am

I really hope that's true.........
FordMercury

Postby SAM B R.W » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:49 am

GOD I HOPE THIS HAPPENS !! when i read the article my hope has restored but we shouldn't count our chickens yet lol
"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

Postby ydx7 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:52 pm

I started that other thread. When I hit the button, I was waiting and waiting, then I got an error message. I then started another thread in the general section. I checked the one I started here, and I got a messge saying no posts even though it says on the thread list that there are 5 replies.

larger than life and twice as ugly
ydx7

Postby Thunderdome » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:21 am

ydx7,

Yeah it's weird, but I'm sure Peter will take it down once he sees that it's a malfunctioning post.

T-Dome

Thunderdome

Postby FordMercury » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:45 am

Found this interesting article, supposed from moviehole.net:

"[color=#505050 size=2]From Moviehole.net, "Mel Gibson has finally admitted he wants to be involved in George Miller's upcoming Mad Max 4. If only the studios would let them." Read on to get the rest of the story...

Gibson admitted to showbiz editor Michael Bodey: "I don't know what I'm meant to say. "George has a big family and he'll come and get me," he laughed. "He put a gag order on me for a long time." But now the cat is out of the bag, Gibson conceded he was familiar with Miller's script but "there's a lot more factors involved than just saying yes". "I mean, I want to, and George wants to, but there's a lot of wrangling and weirdness that I can't even begin to explain in the business world of studio financing." Despite Gibson's two Oscars and swag of blockbuster movies, he admitted his name was no certainty to get any film made. "I sometimes sit there and think, when the hell are they ever going to trust me," he said. "Twenty five years with a few sixes and they still won't trust you." Thanks to The Herald Sun"[/color]

[color=#505050 size=2]http://www.3dfilmmaker.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=26

Well if they didnt trust him, after earning 400 million on PASSION maybe now they will......

[/color]
FordMercury

Postby Thunderdome » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:26 pm

Blue,

After the Passion, Mel can do absolutely anything he wants. The article that you found is from around late 2002, right before he signed on to the film. I've always loved this article because he seems so pumped to be part of the movie.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon about whether or not the movie is happening because I think the only way it will happen is with Mel on board.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road