If not Gibson, then Who?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Bubba Fat » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:48 am

I doubt that Russel Crowe would make a Mad Max film. it's too close to what he already did before and I don't see him playing in a sequel.

So, one alternative to Max in Fury Road might be a complete different story about new characters in a far distant future or a parallel story to what we already saw. The potential is huge.
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Billy The Skid » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:12 am

Not Colin Farrell, sorry but to me he'll always be the 'new' Priest in Ballykissangel...

Billy The Skid

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Billy The Skid » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:13 am

I've always thought Clive Owen would make a good Max, he's a big car buff and an accomplished wheel man.

Billy The Skid

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Redd4 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:25 am

Colin Farrell would be a good Max, if it were a prequel, or a movie occurring somewhere in the timeline of MM 1 and 2; if we want a progression in time, I feel he would be too young. But film makeup can work wonders, so, what the hell.

Ankle: be careful when laughing about Ben Stiller...I remember when there was an uproar over Michael Keaton playing Batman. Fast forward to now...who do most people feel played the best Caped Crusader? Not saying that Stiller (or Farrell, or Crowe, or anyone) could begin to compare with Gibson, but keep an open mind.........;) (I know Mud Guts was only kidding)

And this "John Solloway" person...I'd have to see a picture...
Redd4

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Thunderdome » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:34 am

I know this is a "what if?" scenario type of thread, but I seriously can't believe that any true fan would consider anyone else for the role of Max.

Mel Gibson is Mad Max Rockatansky. He always will be and nobody could ever replace him. Hopefully within the next few months we'll find something out about Fury Road, whether it's going to be made or not. Either way, if Mel doesn't want to do it, then I say let the project die. I'd rather see no fourth film than see one without Mel as Max.

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Anklecranker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:33 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Thunderdome on 13 March 2004

I know this is a "what if?" scenario type of thread, but I seriously can't believe that any true fan would consider anyone else for the role of Max.

Mel Gibson is Mad Max Rockatansky. He always will be and nobody could ever replace him. Hopefully within the next few months we'll find something out about Fury Road, whether it's going to be made or not. Either way, if Mel doesn't want to do it, then I say let the project die. I'd rather see no fourth film than see one without Mel as Max.

Thunderdome

I concur.............

Anklecranker

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Anklecranker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:35 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Redd4 on 12 March 2004

Colin Farrell would be a good Max, if it were a prequel, or a movie occurring somewhere in the timeline of MM 1 and 2; if we want a progression in time, I feel he would be too young. But film makeup can work wonders, so, what the hell.

Ankle: be careful when laughing about Ben Stiller...I remember when there was an uproar over Michael Keaton playing Batman. Fast forward to now...who do most people feel played the best Caped Crusader? Not saying that Stiller (or Farrell, or Crowe, or anyone) could begin to compare with Gibson, but keep an open mind.........;) (I know Mud Guts was only kidding)

And this "John Solloway" person...I'd have to see a picture...

Keaton was the best Batman...hands down. Stiller makes Me laugh....even when he is just acting straight. In "Meet the parents"...he had my side splitting.

Anklecranker

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:44 pm

Relax, Partners.

This is merely Conjecture.. A Game, if you will.

Thus far, I'd have to climb on the Colin Farrell wagon with Anklecranker.

He looks the part more than does Crowe.

But I think either would make an excellent Second Choice.

I'd like to mention at this point that I don't care much for the "True Fan" line from Thunderdome.

Were I not so thick skinned, I'd be insulted.

Let's please rise above this sort of thing, shall we?. Image

"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Thunderdome » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:23 pm

All I was trying to say is that it's inconceivable to me how anyone who is a fan of the trilogy could imagine anyone else playing Mad Max other than Mel Gibson.

Honestly, no insults were intended and it was a general statement, it wasn't targeted at anyone in particular.

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

If not Gibson, then Who?

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:51 pm

It's okay.. We're cool. Image

"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road