As predicted...MM4 RIP

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby Interdictor » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:48 am

I recall that Miller's original script did not include Gibson. After talking together, Gibson told Miller that he would like to do it, so Miller rewrote the script for Mel. Now Mel has pulled out? If I were Miller I'd be thinking lawsuit. If I were Fox, and had Gibsons signature on the project, I'd be thinking lawsuit also. (even if the project is truely dead, Fox has already spent money on pre-production and I'm sure they would like to recoup some losses if MM4 is really a sinker.)

Alternately, Miller could always ressurect the pre-Gibson script. All this is probably still up in the air right now. MM4 may yet get made, but in what form is anybodies guess.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby Anklecranker » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:31 am

Gibson is playing his hand like a consumate poker player.

Think of this. Lets say you have just poured your heart and soul into a multimillion dollar project that had great religious depth to you, and then some reporter shifts focus and emphasis from your current project to questions about future projects.

Gibson knows that if the story is implied "this is my last film as an actor, I won't do action movies anymore, I only want to direct, etc" that his core film base will come out to see him "one last time" This is a musty old hollywood trick to gain attention for current projects or movies and create a sense of urgency to see it.

As early as Wild Bill Hickcock, who was on his farewell tour for six years in 1910-1916, Hollywood knows how to manipulate the public. Gibson does too.

The President of FOX said we have a deal, Miller said the contract was signed, and Gibson agreed/signed. There is a viable deal until the President of FOX or Miller makes a statement. The rest is political window-dressing.

I HAVE SPOKEN...........

Anklecranker

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:46 pm

I really must get around to filing an injunction against FOX for using my name.. Image

It gets confusing. Image

"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby Uncle Entity » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:33 pm

BUST A DEAL... FACE THE WHEEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby FordMercury » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:34 pm

Well i dont mind that Gibson might not appear as the main actor but i still would like him to be involved in the project, maybe co-direct with Miller and do a cameo appearance.........does any of you know where can i read the entire abc tv interview to mel?
FordMercury

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby Thunderdome » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:17 am

Quote: Originally posted by FordMercury on 18 February 2004

Well i dont mind that Gibson might not appear as the main actor but i still would like him to be involved in the project, maybe co-direct with Miller and do a cameo appearance.........does any of you know where can i read the entire abc tv interview to mel?

Well, Mel is Mad Max and if the movie isn't going to be about him, then it's not a Mad Max movie.

I definitely feel something weird is going on. I don't know why, but I've always had a feeling that they'll try to film Fury Road without many people knowing about it. It's supposed to film in Africa, which is kind of far away from gossip-making American journalists who want to know which films are being made at the current time.

And to be honest, I still can't seem to figure out the whole "Mel doesn't want to make movies anymore, so goodbye Fury Road, LW5, etc." Yes, Gibson is powerful in Hollywood and can probably get out of things if he really wanted to; but I can't imagine how he can just give up on Fury Road. Miller is surely anxious to make it and Gibson signed for it. The weird thing is that Gibson says he wants to work with Miller again...um, well, you were supposed to...you were supposed to make Fury Road!!!!!

I want Fury Road so bad. I want to see Mel grace the screen as the greatest hero of all time. Even if he wants to retire, which is really disappointing to hear, why not go out with the character that made you a superstar? Mad Max made Mel into a star and it would be awesome to see him play Max one last time, particularly if it is to be his last film role.

Well, here's hoping that Mel gets that acting fire within him again and he realizes how great it would be to have Max up on the big screen again.

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby FordMercury » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:03 am

Exactly, i think the only way were getting any confirmation then, will be with Miller, anyone knows how to contact him?Email or something???
FordMercury

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby Gordon Hayes » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:37 am

Hmmmmm...

Well Martin Riggs was a big action lunatic, lots of stunts. Physically demanding even with the FX and the stuntmen.

MAX is different, In Movie 1 & 2 Mel played almost a Clint Eastwood western type of guy Circa: Josie Whales, The Good the Bad the Ugly.

A THINKING action hero, as much as an "action" action hero, Eastwood (the legend) played plenty of quiet thinking tough guy roles as a mature actor. In fact Mature actors carry these type of roles very well. Like a previous writer said, "don't write him off the you see the box going in the hole".[/font]
Cheers

From OZ

Gordon
Gordon Hayes

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby FordMercury » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:52 am

How about Brendan McCarthy it might be easier to try to contact him since he is an artist/writer, because he was/is pretty deeply involved in the project.........if anyone know his email or website say something, i've been trying to find it but it seems that he doesnt have one......:S
FordMercury

As predicted...MM4 RIP

Postby nightrider541 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:20 pm

All i can say is it is all a big cover up..All of you think about it..they had a deal for fury road mel has signed the deal..then the war came and production has ceased..hmm strange..there hasnt been much word from miller about the movie right?and this is a quote from the recent interview with gibson he was asked if he wanted to work with miller again and he responded with: "Those guys are masters so of course I'd love to work with them again. The trouble is, will they want me?"

Think about it..cover up...Gibson knows as well as anyone that so many fans and so many people from all over the world are waiting in anticipation for the next mad max film and miller knows that as well.It will be one of the best movies made in this decade..I think things slipped away when it was officially announced that mel gibson signed for fury road..now i think gibson is keeping it hush until filming gets underway in someone unknown secret locations..it will come and i suspect this year filming will get underway..
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road