Bad News????

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Bad News????

Postby moko » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:30 am

its $$$$$........so mm4 wil bring $$$$$$...........so i'll wait and see.........if it will be remake or not.
....apiece here...apiece there....
moko

Bad News????

Postby Road //arrior » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:54 am

i'll have time... i'll just sit here and wait Image
Road //arrior

Bad News????

Postby SCREWLOOSE » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:10 pm

Its like the horse carrying Max in BTD it saw the water and chased after it and in the end we know what happened to it. Well thats us I feel we can see it but can we get what we want?
Pray hes out there!!
SCREWLOOSE

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:14 pm

Apparentely the other guy at imdb was right i just got two more comments from two persons who were at the BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 5 and i asked them what did Gibson said about Mad Max 4, this is their comments:[/font]

"The impression I got about MAD MAX 4 was that Gibson did not want to make it.The word he used about the script he got was "trite"...BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 5 is Harry's birthday party/movie orgy. Every year we see all sorts of great movies, like the LOTR films, or CHICAGO, THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, the archival print of KING KONG, and many other films of all types of genres.

Hope this helps!

Alan Cerny"

"Gibson wants to direct again. When asked about Mad Max 4, I believe his response involved the word "trite".And Butt-Numb-A-Thon 5 is the same as Butt-Numb-A-Thon 4, only it was this year instead of last year.

The Abstruse One

Jason Byrons"

A bad script from Miller???[/font][/font]
FordMercury

Bad News????

Postby Thunderdome » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:15 pm

It was supposedly awesome. The quality of the script seemed to be the reason Mel wanted to do it. None of this makes any sense.

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Bad News????

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:22 pm

I recall reading somewhere something to the effect that Gibson wanted to retire from acting completly and swtich to directing.

But I also remember reading that he really liked the Fury Road script* and was looking forward to it.

*And most likely the paycheck for Fury Road. Image

"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Bad News????

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:17 am

It really seems like he will retire from acting. Even though he's been busy making the Passion of Christ, it just seems like it's been so long since a genuine Mel Gibson action movie. I loved Signs, of course, but it's been a while since there was a huge Gibson action film. I don't really count We Were Soldiers only because he was playing a real-life person and it was based on a true story. I never saw it, so I'm not saying it was bad or anything. But it's been close to four years since The Patriot and I miss the days of seeing Mel up on the big screen. I was really looking forward to seeing him again in, of course, Fury Road, but also a Lethal 5 and maybe Under and Alone.

I just think it would be a real shame for him to give up acting, but it's also kind of poetic in a way because he's going out at the top of his game. I think he and Miller would have possibly reinvented the action film genre and I know he would have been awesome as Max again, but we may never get to see any of it.

The film industry won't be nearly as interesting without Mel on screen anymore.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:37 am

Yes i also thought this was a bit weird, well if this might lightn the impact of this news, here's a post from someone at imdb, :

" thought it might be interesting to mention something quickly here... I noticed there was some speculation that this movie isn't going to happen, but here is some food for thought.

I'm by no means a huge fan of the Mad Max movies; I enjoy them when they come on tv but I don't consider myself a rabid fan. That is my disclaimer in all this.

I was informed today that Mel Gibson was spotted in our middle-of-nowhere desert town. Now, when there is a star-spotting in town, it's 99% chance that it's because there's filming going on nearby. We're about 3 hours northeast of Los Angeles, and films like Holes, Planet of the Apes, and such were shot nearby. When I was informed of the Mel Gibson sighting, I said, "I wonder what he's shooting," and my informant replied: "You should look it up in IMDB." Well, lo and behold, the only "in production" title is Mad Max 4. I think that's fairly good odds that Mel was shooting for this movie, and hence, the production is still going and the movie not dead.

Hope y'all liked this! "

FordMercury

Bad News????

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:28 pm

The information hasn't changed on the imdb Fury Road page.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:03 am

So???the point was that Mel was seen on a desert town.......:P
FordMercury

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road