Idea........for making MM4 happening...

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby FordMercury » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:08 pm

I was thinking after the latest Mel comments regarding MM4, that maybe we could send some letters to him, pointing out why he should make the movie....etc....etc......if the pple who come to this forum all to this maybe.....he might think that many pple wants this movie to happen after all.............
FordMercury

Postby SCREWLOOSE » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:07 pm

Good idea mate it might get the ball rolling. With a bit of luck someone might get the reply we want to know if its going to go ahead.

What about the Mel Gibson fan club would they pass letters on?

Pray hes out there!!
SCREWLOOSE

Postby FordMercury » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:09 pm

I really dont know about the club, but count me in.......we just need more people from this forum to do it too.......if 1/4 of the members of this forum do it, it might work............ heck we could all write the letters and send them to someone of this forum who will then pack and send them, maybe the person who is more close to the place where mel lives will send the letters...........
FordMercury

Postby FordMercury » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:39 pm

By the way how many members there are???
FordMercury

Postby Thunderdome » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:23 am

I'm just so frustrated with this whole thing. When the film was announced it seemed like everyone involved was so excited to do this, particularly Mel and George. There's supposedly a great idea for the film that Miller came up with and Mel said that he and Miller both wanted to do it. We had a studio backing it, we had Mel signed up for it, we even had a release date: July 23, 2004!!!!! Then it got postponed, then shut down indefinitely, and now Mel is saying he's not interested and isn't even sure if it's going to get made.

I guess I'm just losing hope in it. When I think about it, I want Fury Road just as much as you guys, but then I look at the shape it's in and figure that we should just be happy with the three masterpieces we have now.

Until we hear something like "Fury Road begins filming on such and such a date," I'm just going to focus on the films we have and enjoy them like I always do. And if Fury Road goes ahead for sure, then my excitement will be even higher than it was when the news broke a year ago.

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Postby SCREWLOOSE » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:42 pm

Blue there are 543 forum members but how many are active members?
Pray hes out there!!
SCREWLOOSE

Postby FordMercury » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:53 pm

Well i already start my letter, and here it is, its not finished, but i made an effort to write something meaningfull, here it is:

Dear, Mr Gibson, i've never imagined that someday i would be writing a letter for a movie super star, im not the kind of person who bugs famous people with requests or autographs and things like that, that really annoys people, well if i was a big superstar i surely wouldnt like having fans keeping harassing me.[/font][/font]

But if i have to do this, at least i'll do it for an actor i've grown to really like, to the point where i come writing this letter. You see my 3 favorite movies are Mad Max ,Roadwarrior and Thunderdome, sure i saw these when i was a kid, probably a couple of times, but it wasnt until i was more grown up that i came to this conclusion after seeing this movies again.......i remember the movies of course but seeing these with a more mature perspective really made me think in many different ways, its like going to an art gallery and then coming back to see that somehow, you know its the same paintings, but somehow they seem different. I think i've seen almost all of your movies, Braveheart was really, really good and i think i understand why you probably want to direct movies instead of starring in them, Lethal Weapons were also good, mainly because of the "comradeship" with Danny, The Patriot and They were soldiers were not that good, at least after seeing BraveHeart, but in general i really liked most of your movies, but lets just go to the main point of this letter.[/font][/font]

Last year i was thrilled to know that you would star on a new Mad Max movie, and even more thrilled that it was George Miller who was going to direct it, you see, and i think you also know this, Miller doesnt make many movies unless he truly has a reason or a good idea to do it, that's what i understand from watching his movies, and if he wanted to make a new Mad Max movie that's because he had a good idea for the characther you portrayed in the old movies, Max. [/font][/font]

I think that another reason why i really like these 3 movies, is because they're different, with only one thing in common....... Max, they could be unrelated movies if not because of Max. .......................TO BE CONTINUED........"[/font][/font]

Im still going to change some things, but i would like you all to see the kind of thing im writing, i still dont know where to send it after i finish it...........
FordMercury

Postby FordMercury » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:18 pm

I got these three adresses from the Mel Gibson Fans Mailing List website:[/font]

Mel Gibson does not have an official fan club; nor is he known to answer fan mail. Here are three addresses where he receives his mail:

Mel Gibson

2800 Nielson Way, #1536

Santa Monica CA 90405

Mel Gibson

8942 Wilshire Blvd.

Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Icon Productions Inc, (Mel's production company)

(address per the Hollywood Creative Directory)
:

c/o Warner Bros. Pictures/Paramount Pictures

4000 Warner Boulevard

Burbank, CA 91522-0001

FordMercury

Postby Mad Max RW » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:45 am

You have any idea how many letters JUST LIKE THAT ONE Mel Gibson receives on a daily basis? Think about it, if he went through each and every fan mail he'd probably reach yours in 20 years.

"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

Postby FordMercury » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:15 am

Well that's why we should all try, one hour of your life writing a letter is not going to be missed............
FordMercury

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road