Bad News????

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:11 am

Some poster at imdb boards, have said posted this:

"Gibson said this weekend (at Butt-Numb-A-Thon) that he's not sure if he's going to do it, he wants to focus more on directing, and "I really don't care about doing these movies and sequels anymore. It's kind of trite, and I'm not interested, so I can't say it's going to happen. I doubt it."
FordMercury

Bad News????

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:22 am

If this is true, then I actually feel we may never see him don the shoulder pad again. This is really disappointing.

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Bad News????

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:21 am

I think people make this sh*t up, just to do it. just to get fans all worked up... and look, it works.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:02 pm

yeah i find this a bit strange since the director of Lethal Weapons said Gibson was keen to do another Lethal Weapon????
FordMercury

Bad News????

Postby Anklecranker » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:47 pm

Contracts....contracts...have been signed. Bust a deal and..........?

Anklecranker

Bad News????

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:40 pm

Yeah exactly, that's what I was thinking today. He's signed to it. He's Mel Gibson and can get out of it if he wants to, let's not kid ourselves. But for him to sign for a movie and then say he doesn't even know if it'll get made, that's just strange.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:00 pm

Well lets just wait.........if Miller said he'll do it after happy feet, that means that at least the film probably has a production date, hopefully beginning early this year......
FordMercury

Bad News????

Postby Uncle Entity » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:15 pm

MEL GIBSON's BIGGEST FOCUS = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Bad News????

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:54 pm

He's getting $25 million and more because I think Icon is involved with the production. That's not enough for wearing a shoulder pad and running around the desert?

I fear he's just not interested. He never has anything truly nice to say when the films come up, yet he'll agree to do a Lethal Weapon 5.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Bad News????

Postby FordMercury » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:49 am

Just spoke with the the guy who post that message at imdb this is what he said:

"If you're coming from my Mad Max post, I put exactly what he said. He didn't really have much to say about MM4 or Lethal Weapon, other than "The endless sequels all comes back to the 'too old for this *beep*' mentality. It's getting old, I want to move on."

Passion of Christ was incredible, even if you're not Christian you should see it when it hits theatres. Mel was an incredible guest, very friendly. "

Well the Lethal Weapon was made very recently..........at least he could end the mad max series with a great movie............lets just hope that Miller manages to convince Mel to end the trilogy.....

FordMercury

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road