Mad Max 4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Mad Max 4

Postby PrinceVegeta » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:02 am

I don't know, I don't like the idea of Fury Road being at the same time as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Growing up I heard more about Star Wars and Indiana Jones than I did Mad Max. And I'm sure if Mad Max comes out during the time with the other movies..it will be lost in the shuffle unfortunatly. I hope it comes out a little later like the fall so it doesn't have to deal with those movies being on it's case.

I mean I know we all love Mad Max but to be honest not everyone is into the mad max world unfortunatly. Granted the movies are looked at as great, but no one seems to mention it like they do the others you know what I mean???

Vegeta
"NOT sh*t ENERGY, no energy no TOWN!!!"
PrinceVegeta

Mad Max 4

Postby Thunderdome » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:56 am

Yeah, I know what you mean, but at this point it's just looking like that's when it will be released. Trust me, I was hoping it was going to open on July 23 of next year like it was supposed to, but now it looks like it will come out in 2005 if they start filming next summer or fall.

The other way to look at it is the fact that it's a Mel Gibson movie and may do well even though people may not even know it's a sequel to the earlier films. We'll know and that's all that matters.

I originally didn't want it to compete with Indy 4 or SW 3, but now that it's almost inevitable, I'm just looking at the bright side of having one cool movie (SW 3) and two possible classics in the same summer. Mad Max has surpassed Indiana Jones as my favorite trilogy, but I still love both sagas. I mean Indy is a part of my childhood, it's a part of me. And now that I'm older, I've gotten into the Mad Max saga and Fury Road is the movie I anticipate more than any film.

Just look on the bright side and welcome to the board :)

Thunderdome

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Mad Max 4

Postby PrinceVegeta » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:03 am

Spanks a ton for the welcome.

Yeah Indy was a big part of my childhood too, and the same with Star Wars, but Mad Max will always be my favorite. Well I guess we will see in the future how everything goes.

Vegeta
PrinceVegeta

Mad Max 4

Postby Uncle Entity » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:59 pm

Vegeta,

MEL GIBSON is now "the" STAR. Maybe your assumption could be true at 100% if applied to the '80ies time frame, when Mel Gibson was such a small star and Harrison Ford was a mega-superstar. Now, Mel is far more popular than Harrison, and MAD MAX 4 would be seen as the NEW MEL GIBSON MOVIE. It's different.

Max Usa,

Many thanks! I agree...
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Mad Max 4

Postby PrinceVegeta » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:58 pm

That is true I have thought about that. The only thing is I don't see Mad Max 4 having a ton of CGI and all that good computer stuff, and well you know how most people are today. But then again Adam Sandler movies don't have a lot of CGI either and they make it big. So you could deffinatly be right about it. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vegeta
PrinceVegeta

Mad Max 4

Postby FordMercury » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:23 pm

It will probably have CGI but i think Miller wants for a propose which is probably justified.....
FordMercury

Mad Max 4

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:33 pm

Somebody suggested once that it may be used to show ruined cities from the apocalypse. I would have to agree. But no matter what, too much CGI is going to be noticeable and there's really no reason they can't go old school and not use CGI. They made three masterpieces that way.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Mad Max 4

Postby V-Max dreamer » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:17 am

Yes, I think it would be in their best interest to keep the CGI to a minimum. With SW3out, and possibly Indy 4 and other 2005 films having quite a bit, MM4 would do better to contrast those with barebones-style filmwork; something closer to MM1 & 2. The story has to be gripping--not too goofy. Go a little more raw, if that's possible. Max's world was never polished; only his Interceptor's air scoop was!
V-Max dreamer

Mad Max 4

Postby Thunderdome » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:29 pm

Welcome to the board!!!!!

I think it would be awesome if Miller showed how it's really done by making Fury Road without any CGI. I think it would be groundbreaking these days to not use CGI in an action movie.

Thunderdome

Thunderdome

Mad Max 4

Postby FordMercury » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:00 am

Well i have nothing against CGI as long it is used in a good manner, for example Gladiator had CGI and i thought it was well implemented.........
FordMercury

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road