2005 Release TBA?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

2005 Release TBA?

Postby Morrisminor » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:08 am

To XA,

Adding to Gordons question, is their any way you can confirm it if they built a vehicle from one of those heavy airport tractors (the ones that tug and tow aircraft to and from the terminals)? To give you an idea of what this might look like take for example the Armoured Personnel Carrier that was featured in the movie Aliens. It was also built from the same type of vehicle. The person who told me this info heard it first hand from Brendan McCarthy.

And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

2005 Release TBA?

Postby FordMercury » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:33 pm

Well ive heard that the reason for the hold on the project was due to guerrila fights in the place they were planning shooting the film, is this true???
FordMercury

2005 Release TBA?

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:14 pm

Quote: Originally posted by XAMan on 21 October 2003

Hey Thunderdome

I'm not exactly sure which bit of my post you found pretentious ... I was simply quoting a well known (... here anyway ... ) line from an Australian film to emphasise my opinion ...

It is my opinion ... based on what I know ... that MM4 will NOT proceed in the forseeable future.

Try this on for size ... all of the sets and props that were taken to Africa have been disposed of.

The cars were sourced, modified and shipped to Africa. They have now been sold at auction.

... and what makes you think that it IS proceeding?

Yours in self-righteous pretence ...

Okay, when I'm wrong I admit it and I was wrong. No, I have not seen The Castle, so I thought you were making some remark about me wanting the jacket back since a lot of people could care less about the jacket and just want another Interceptor.

But I never actually said it was proceeding, I just think if they make it he should have the jacket.

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

2005 Release TBA?

Postby jmu2000 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:45 pm

What is most perculiar about all of this is that there was the official studio announcement that they where going to make MM4 but yet absolutely nothing has been said by anyone (officially) regarding the current status of the project.

It's all very odd...

If MM4 does not happen (and lets wait for an official announcement I think although it still does not bode well) one fact is that the story does exisit so maybe we may get a novel or something one day.

Well its better than nowt.....
===============

We's got the knowing of a lot of things.....
jmu2000

2005 Release TBA?

Postby XAMan » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:23 am

Sadly I don't know any more details.

The person who told me that the cars had been sold did so only because the vehicles had gone to auction and therefore the production had effectively released that information.

Trust me ... I'd love to know the answers myself.
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

2005 Release TBA?

Postby FordMercury » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:07 pm

This is really sad, at least they should tell what happened..........
FordMercury

2005 Release TBA?

Postby SCREWLOOSE » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:30 pm

Maybe they have decided to save up a bit of extra cash and make the film in its rightful home - Austrailia.
Pray hes out there!!
SCREWLOOSE

2005 Release TBA?

Postby FordMercury » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:05 pm

Well bad news i've just emailed to the guy who runs the website darkhorizons.com and he said that the film was definitely cancelled due to budgetary reasons............but with 100 million for the movie how could they had this kind of difficulties???...........:(
FordMercury

2005 Release TBA?

Postby FordMercury » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:14 pm

It gets worse:

"Joao,[/font]
[div]Gibson wasn't keen and whilst no-one will go on the record about it, Miller has moved on - looks like the two may have had a falling out as well. Miller may do it later, but Gibson returning for it is highly unlikely at best.[/font][/div]
[div][/font] [/div]
[div]Garth Franklin

Editor, Dark Horizons

http://www.darkhorizons.com/www.darkhorizons.com

"Phase Two" - Gets Underway Soon..."[/div]
FordMercury

2005 Release TBA?

Postby Anklecranker » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:20 pm

Hearsay and hogwash.........Opinions based in conjecture and rumor.....The facts

Jim Gianopulos, chairman of Fox studios said it would be made, Miller said it would be made, Gibson said he would be in it, and $104 M has been committed to it.

The holdup is pure economics. Movies and the return on movie investments have not had a good year in general. From a business standpoint , if I was making a $100M gamble, I'd wait until the movie business increased in total sales before launching a big budget film. And I would not allow filming at a lower budgets to increase returns. The fact is , movies will be made about anything as long as the return on investment potential is big enough. The economics will get better and the movie will get made.

I have spoken...........

Anklecranker

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road