Fury road Delay

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Fury road Delay

Postby dragonhunter » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:29 pm

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say `WHAT IS GOING ON?`.....Is Fury Road going to made or not?and can someone explain to me why a film such as MAD MAX,which is such a part of Australian culture has to have it`s third sequel made in Namibia? and finally if this film does get made,do you think Mel Gibson will regain his once Aussie accent for the role,because a MAD MAX4 with an American accent just wont cut it for me.George and Mel please..........give us fans what we want and get on with it,we`ve waited long enough!.
dragonhunter

Fury road Delay

Postby Bubba Fat » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:36 pm

Man, was weiss ich ... Vielleicht wird es einmal ein viertes Kapitel der Mad Max-Saga geben. Anscheinend nicht. G. Miller wartet auf dei Gelengenheit einen neunen Film zu drehen, aber du musst dich in Geduld ausuben um eine Vortzetzung zu sehen ...
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Fury road Delay

Postby Road //arrior » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:06 am

i never knew i can actualy understand german... o well... you learn something new every dayImage
Road //arrior

Fury road Delay

Postby Bubba Fat » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:06 am

I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Fury road Delay

Postby Anklecranker » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:26 pm

Want my opinion? Of course you do.

It's a simple return on investment gamble. Movies in general have endured a tough year , revenue-wise. T3 was even struggling to turn a profit. After about 7 weeks in theatres, the US box office take was a little over $53 million.

This is where big budget projects at are in the works get stalled. MM4 is big budget at $104 Million. A studio can be dedicated to film but must release the film at a time for the best possible return on the monetary investment.

Movie start dates is another issue. The way I see, it Miller is dedicated to the movie and has $104 million in production commitment from 20th Century Fox. Jim Gianopulos, Chariman of Fox sudios, demands the highest possible profit from a business stand point. Most are hoping that 2005 will be a better year for film revenue.

We can all hope the same. Follow the money and you'll find the reason.

Anklecranker

Fury road Delay

Postby Dene » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:15 pm

It's all a real shame, I was looking forward to this even more perhaps than the fourth Indiana Jones.

I'm not being funny here but could the delay/cancellation have anything to do with Twentieth Century Fox passing on the distribution of 'The Passion'? Mel Gibson was unlikely to be too happy about that.
Dene

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road