What I do and don't want to see in MM4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:33 am

no matter how many times i watch MAD MAX 2 believe it or not, i still get a goosebumps from that opening chase. the damn thing only goes for about 5 minutes, but it is so powerful, the first time you see it, you barely have time to realize what s going on, you've gotta catch up and put things in perspective. which is why i think GEORGE edited out the original opening cause it probably gave you time to reflect and think. but he wanted to remind you of the final scene in the last movie.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby Falcon » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:49 pm

What original opening?
Falcon

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:33 am

oh sh*t. now i'm gonna have to do it again. goddamn you 'new' guys ... just kiddin', dude Image

The original opening of MAD MAX 2, had MAX cruising along leasurly (i bet thats spelt f**ked up but i'm in a hurry) he's driving along and see's some smoke on a hill, gets closer and see's WEZ , the driver's of the LANDAU and DUNE BUGGY, and i think a few more VERMIN raiding and burning this farm house, they string its occupants up on a nearby tree and sh*t, and they spot MAX.

so then the chase is on. Thats when the camera pulls out of the blower scoop. you see we come in half way through the opening, thats why his supercharger is already on, and he's checking his rearview mirror, cause he's being chased.

and our version makes it look like he's been racing along (why would he waste his juice letting his supercharger run unnecessarily) and he just happens to glance at his mirror, and oh look some pursuier's. Image

its rumered to have been filmed, i personally think it has, i got no proof, but it just looks like it has, you know. but most people don't think so. its in the original script (a link to it is on the FAQ somewhere) but it ain't in the novel unfortunately.
rockatansky4073

Postby Falcon » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:13 am

No fair. I want to see it. I hate when they leave stuff out of movies.
Falcon

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:27 am

Yeah, but some DELETED SCENES. are better left out.

I don't mean the ones in the MAD MAX movies, sh*t i'd even like to see the ones in THUNDERDOME. But ALIEN has one or two its better off without, and PREDATOR benefitted from some non extensions.
rockatansky4073

Postby Anklecranker » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:29 am

Quote: Originally posted by Bastard Zero on 06 October 2003

Remember the opening battle from Gangs of New York? That scene WAS the movie. If I were to re edit the film, it would just be that scene there. It captured such amazing brutality that I felt the hairs on my neck rise and then came close to crying, just at the sheer power of the images. That's what I want in Max 4. I want a car chase so fast and dangerous that it scares the audience. I want to really fear for Max's life. And as bad as the badguys get, I went Max to be badder. I want the Max that cuffed Johnny the Boy to the exploding motorcycle. I want people dragged face down across an old gravel road. And I want crazy stunts that are as dangerous in real life as they look in the movie, stuff that would make Jackie Chan and Evel Knievel wet themselves. A good tone for the movie: have you ever seen John Woo's Bullet in the Head? The last action scene in that movie features a car jousting scene that captures pure hatred on celluloid. With a title like Fury Road, a master like George Miller, the amazing character of Max, and 18 more years of experience since Thunderdome, we have nothing to worry about.

This guy...gets it.

Anklecranker

Postby Redd4 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:14 pm

Rock: I always took it like we came in in the middle of a chase, that Max knew he was being chased when we first see him. I love that opening shot of the blower, then pulling back to Max. Sometimes I'll watch the movie just for that chase, then turn it off.
Redd4

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:51 am

I kind of got that he just happened to look in the rearview and the were there, he seems so casual about it - cept i couldn't nail why the supercharger was on, for no reason.
rockatansky4073

Postby Falcon » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:36 pm

He was casual about it because it probably happened to him all the time, and he knew he was going to outsmart them anyway. Every marauder that ever saw him probably gave chase. Those tanks were huge!
Falcon

Postby Tomsawyer » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:35 pm

In response to the movie concepts.......

Pouring down Rain Max is seeking shelter in an old town/city/wrecked area. He falls through a floor into an underground storage/garage style area where he finds a muscle car under a tarp that has been preserved. Not the intercepter we know and love but this DOES get a decent car into the movie

Being Max he hotwires and has his ride and off he goes...

Perhaps a biker or car gang owned the car or see it and want it yada yada

Now we get FURY ROAD as Max fights to keep the car and continue his quest to find a place where he can at last find peace............

he gets by on you......
Tomsawyer

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road