Why would Max go back?

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Why would Max go back?

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 09, 1999 2:41 am

In the MM2 final chase, Max does the 360 with the big rig. So why would he decide to do that? Sure you could argue that as a fictional film "it happens because it just does." But Miller would have to have some motivation to have Max do it. If the turn around was to hit head on with Hummongous, that would mean Max was prepairing to commit suicide. Why give up, the rig still was operational - I'd drive on the rims if I had to.
Jason Carlton

Re: Why would Max go back?

Postby some guy » Fri Jul 09, 1999 3:19 am

In Reply to: Why would Max go back? posted by Jason Carlton on July 09, 1999 at 10:41:08:

I don't think he wanted to kill himself, he just wanted to kill humungos. He had the kid crawl out on the hood to get the shell so max could kill humungos. but that didn't happen and they crashed. I think max felt that he would be overrun buy bad guys in five minutes anyway so he decided to end it.
some guy

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 09, 1999 4:45 am

In Reply to: Why would Max go back? posted by Jason Carlton on July 09, 1999 at 10:41:08:

He just did it to get away, he tried something new. It's like, why do people do what they do when you watch police chases on fox. He just did it to try and throw the bad guys off. That my 2 cents
TheDarkOne

Postby Dark Knight » Sat Jul 10, 1999 4:14 pm

He does a 180 not a 360. There was problebly no way he could outrun them, but he could still out manuver them
Dark Knight

Wrong, wrong, all wrong

Postby Bomber Brown » Tue Jul 20, 1999 2:02 pm

: In the MM2 final chase, Max does the 360 with the big rig. So why would he decide to do that? Sure you could argue that as a fictional film "it happens because it just does." But Miller would have to have some motivation to have Max do it. If the turn around was to hit head on with Hummongous, that would mean Max was prepairing to commit suicide. Why give up, the rig still was operational - I'd drive on the rims if I had to.

The reason Max turns around is because: when everyone left the compound, Max (and the kid) went in one direction with the tanker, and everyone else went in the other direction in the bus. Max was (supposedly) carrying the fule that would provide a future for the inhabitants of the compound. That would never happen if they were never to see the tanker again!

So, once Max thinks he has travelled far enough to give the bus a head start, he does a u-turn in order to head in the same direction as them, ultimately to meet up with them again and deliver the fuel he thinks he is carrying.

Now it all makes sense.
Bomber Brown

Return to General Movie Discussion