If worse came to the worse......

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby jmu2000 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:51 pm

Following on from a strange dream I had the other night, I've been thinking....

If the worse came to the worse and Mad Max 4 was never made, I strangely wondered how could we go about making it ourselves!

[He's mad! I hear you cry at this point but hear me out]

It occured to me that between the numerous experienced members of this forum plus their various contacts, that we could probably account for three quarters of the production requirements ourselves.

We have numerous experts in the field of Mad Max, we have the cars, the engineering experience to build further vehicles and the locations (after all Australia is one big location is it not?)

Between us we could write the storyline and script (always have enjoyed writing me, must have a go at some fan fiction sometime but held off when MM4 was announced).

The only thing we would have to source (apart from the ruins of Sydney, a gyrocopter or other similiar bespoke flying object and a few loonies in weird outfits!) would be Mel Gibson's bus fare!!

Enough however of my ramblings, it did occur to me that we do have a vast array of talent and knowledge in a wide variety of fields across the globe here, all linked by our enthusiasm for a classic film trilogy.

===============

We's got the knowing of a lot of things.....
jmu2000

Postby Bubba Fat » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:54 pm

My bones are trembling and my veins are filled with ice. You're right ...
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Postby Thunderdome » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:11 am

I don't think I could watch a Mad Max film without George Miller directing and Mel Gibson starring.

Okay, okay, I'll get involved if Mel Gibson doesn't want to do it and I can play Max Image

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Postby Redd4 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:27 am

jmu: one thing's for sure if the people on these boards made MM4--the continuity between films and accuracy of references would be perfect.

Now all we've got to do is come up with 25 million for Mr. Gibson...
Redd4

Postby Interdictor » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:16 am

What a concept!! A followup made by the fans. (THAT wouldn't get Hollywood's attention, would it?) But since the rights to MM4 are not likely to become available, and because the cost of big name actors is astronomical, how about a psudo spinoff / prequil?

"The MFP Chronicles" it could focus on a rookie Breaker Squad, learning the ropes under the supervision of a veteran roadman. The movie would end with "some baddie" breaking custody In Sun City and killing one of the probies we have been following. The "badguy" steals the Pursuit Special belonging to the Veteran Roadman, and drives off into the early morning sun as the credits roll.......
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby Morrisminor » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:55 am

"The MFP Chronicles".....yeah, I like that idea....realistically you could shoot it like an episode of "COPS". A few replicas, some costumes, a DV camera and you're set.
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby Mad Max 2050 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:43 am

This reminds me of someting Fifi said,

" Well damn them, you and me Max, we're gonna give them back their hero's "

I say go for it.

"Big Bopper gotcha here, what's going down?"
Mad Max 2050

Postby camchain » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:53 am

Quote: Originally posted by Morrisminor on 07 September 2003

"The MFP Chronicles".....yeah, I like that idea....realistically you could shoot it like an episode of "COPS". A few replicas, some costumes, a DV camera and you're set.

Sounds killer. I'm good with engines and great with CHEAP bodywork materials, so gimmie a ticket to the film set.

The DV camera idea is also cool. 28 days later was filmed on them and according to the docu. at the end of the video, thy give a much more urban devestation sort of feel to the scenes.
Shoot The Tyre!!!
camchain

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:25 am

I'll work for chickenfeed, just as long as i get to be a STILLS PHOTOGRAPHER. so i get all the cool pics before bloody BARTON does Image
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:06 pm

I'll play the villian......

Anklecranker's herald addresses you His loyal subjects..

"Greetings from the Ank...le...cran...keeerrrrrrrrrrrrr! Blown far from His native lands, He seeks riches and glory. Greet him with howls of lust and fury.....on the road He alone owns..........Fury Road"

Now all I need is a herald. Herald for barter or pay ? Anyone?

Anklecranker

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road