MM4 ...

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

MM4 ...

Postby Mad Max RW » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:01 pm

Unless you have actual proof then to me you're full of sh*t. That's how I take things on the internet. I'm sorry if that comes off insulting, but I find it insulting when individuals continue to spout out so called "facts" without any proof. A person who claims something and backs it up is entirely different than a person who claims something and demands we believe what he says.

Let's try this from another angle. I can just as easily say I spoke directly with George Miller and Mel Gibson and they said the movie is full steam ahead. According to some people I don't need to prove this, I can just say whatever I want and expect everyone to take it as fact.

And don't take this as me automatically dismissing the idea Fury Road was cancelled. It's a very real possibility. But I'm one of those crazy people who like to see proof first before I believe something.
"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

MM4 ...

Postby XAMan » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:28 am

My Dearest Mad Max RW

That is your choice.

As is the decison to be agressive, rude and churlish.

XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

MM4 ...

Postby Thunderdome » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:30 am

C'mon guys, let's not argue. The most important thing is that we're all Max fans and it just sucks that Fury Road has been stalled. That means there's absolutely no hope for it being released next summer, so we now have to wait another entire year before we can see it and that's only if they decide to still make it.

It doesn't really matter right now who's right and who's wrong. The sad truth is that it just seems like Fury Road truly is over for now and I doubt there's anyone out there more disappointed than me and the other fans looking forward to it.

Let's just get along and have a good time and hopefully soon they'll go back into production.

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

MM4 ...

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:27 am

fighting, you call that a fight? chuck me and UNCLE into the mix, and you'll see blood spilt, he he
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

MM4 ...

Postby Thunderdome » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:00 pm

Well, they are arguing and there's cursing, so yeah, I'd say they're in definite disagreement...just trying to keep the peace.

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

MM4 ...

Postby XAMan » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:45 am

Quite frankly I find this whole 'arguement' boring and pointless.

It entirely up to MM RW what is aceptable information and what is rumour. What I find unpalatable is the tone of rejection ... not the rejection itself.

I'm prepared to put it down to 'cultural differences'. You see here in Australia there is an expectation of lively debate ... especially when a subject that is being discussed is one that engenders passion ... football, Holden vs. Ford or Mad Max.

You cross the line though with an opening gambit of "I think you're full of sh*t".

You do that in this country and you are likely to spend the next ten minutes on your hands and knees searching among the crisp wrappers and spilt beer looking for your front teeth.

XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

MM4 ...

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:10 am

Ahhh XA MAN, seriously mate, you can't explain to people an 'AUSSIE'.

Months ago UNCLE ENTITY was trying to compete with me about his country being more 'anarchic' than mine, (like i gave a sh*t). and i spent half an hour in back and forth replies, trying to explain to him an Aussie, that its not our country its the people, and its not like were constantly frothing at the mouth, waiting for an atomic bomb to drop, but we were ready if it happened, like the anarchist is asleep in the aussie, till the time comes, despite probably being the most laidback characters in the world. but i just couldn't get it through, eventually i just let him have the last say, cause i knew al the Australians reading it, woulda been, 'ROCK, don't bother, dude, you gotta be one of us, to understand us"

I know its way off the subject, but i just wanted to warn you before you get into an argument, that keeps you up till 2.00 in the morning, that its futile, mate
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

MM4 ...

Postby Mad Max RW » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:36 am

I truly didn't mean it in a hostile way. Things come off different in writing, which is a real pain in the ass. if you want to take it personally, that's fine by me. I get a kick out of watching people get worked up over nothing. Stop taking things so seriously and go wrestle a dingo or some sh*t.
"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

MM4 ...

Postby Redd4 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:19 am

From what I've seen of Aussies, my sig pretty much applies to them. Maybe I'm one at heart. Really though, a country that was founded out of a penal colony...that is aces in my book.
Redd4

MM4 ...

Postby camchain » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:07 am

Quote: Originally posted by XAMan on 08 September 2003

Australia there is an expectation of lively debate ... especially when a subject that is being discussed is one that engenders passion ... football, Holden vs. Ford or Mad Max.

Yer not wrong there. Also they like to "passionatly discuss" cricket and beer.

And the holden range looks better at the moment. Especially the Maloo.
Shoot The Tyre!!!
camchain

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road