MM4 ...

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

MM4 ...

Postby XAMan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:35 am

I have it fom two sources that MM4 has been shelved indefinately.
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

MM4 ...

Postby Bubba Fat » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:24 am

I'm afraid you're right ...Image
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

MM4 ...

Postby Thunderdome » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:21 pm

So who exactly is your source, we need all the news we can get :)

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

MM4 ...

Postby XAMan » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:22 am

Hey Thunderdome

I could tell you ... but then I'd have to kill you ....

But seriously ... KM, quite properly, take their business very seriously and to disclose my source would be a folly that would give you an ounce of satisfaction and them ... and me... a ton of grief.
XAMan (Pete)

XAMan

MM4 ...

Postby Thunderdome » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:34 pm

XAMan,

You got me all wrong :) I just want to know what they're saying, I could care less who they are, that wouldn't benefit me in any way. I, like some others, are just curious on the development of Fury Road and just want to know the latest facts. Could you at least tell us what they said? If not, that's cool. I just wanted to clear the air.

Thunderdome

MM4 ...

Postby Mad Max RW » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:33 pm

If you knew you couldn't back up this statement why open your mouth? I personally think you're full of sh*t. Looking at the facts and recent news on Mad Max 4, they're still going to make it. Nothing officially points to it being "shelved indefinitely". There's rumors and facts, and it's best to keep them as far apart as possible. Now unless you can back up what you said, then it's nothing more than another rumor.
"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

MM4 ...

Postby Morrisminor » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:42 pm

Fox and Universal have spent an excessive amount of money to accquire the rights to the franchise from Warner Bros. I just don't think they would spend all those millions for a property to let it sit on its ass!

I also think that there is a schedule clash with Mr. Gibson commited to getting a final edit for his film PASSION this fall which is going to be distributed by Fox who are also going to distribute MM4. A while ago I had guessed that MM4 would have made it out for thanksgiving 2004 but I think I'd revise that notion for Summer 2005.
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

MM4 ...

Postby XAMan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:06 am

Hi there Mad Max RW

What a charming turn of phrase you have.

The fact that you think that I am full of sh*t is of little consequence to me. Conversely I have no opinion of you what-so-ever as I don't know you or anything about you.

Clearly you have no trouble swallowing the lines you hear from other sites and accept them verbatum as they fit your worldview. Understanable but sad.

If you were to read my post with a similarly open mind you could open yourself to new possibilities.

The idea that I would betray the trust of one of my work mates to slake your unquenchable thirst for MM trivia is absurd. The only way to back up my post would be to detail my source which would be both unethical and stupid.

Like an old australian TVC said ... "One more time for the dummies".

The person who passed on this phrase has just come off working on the film. If you think that is "just another rumour" then that's your choice.

To sling sh*t at another member of the forum just because you reject a source who has worked on two of the trilogy plus #4 probably tells us more about you than you would care us to know.

I posted in good faith to a group of like-minded individuals.

I only mentioned one source by the way. I have heard the same phrase from two others working both here and in Namibia.

Take a chill pill.

As I say to my children "Why be nasty ... make that little bit of extra effort and be nice to others".

Alternatively we could enter the Thunderdome "Two enter only one leaves ..." Did you know that I appear in the Thunderdome sequence ... of course you didn't because you don't know me and I have chosen not to brag about my connection with the film ... I was dragged in from another Department (Art Dept) when there wern't enough extras.

What's YOUR connection?

Oh yeah ... "Shelved indeffinately" means just that. It doesn't mean that the film will never be made. It means that there are no plans to proceed to production at this time.

XAMan (Pete)

XAMan

MM4 ...

Postby Thunderdome » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:00 am

Man, that's awesome!!! I'd be proud to be in Thunderdome, it's my favorite. Are you noticeable in it or are you kind of lost in the mass of people?

Anyway, this really sucks as far as Fury Road is concerned. I was looking forward to this film more than any film in the past.

Once again, not to ask for anything that you can't give, but were there any concrete reasons why production stopped? Like if George Miller decided against it or anything like that?

It's so weird to go through all this pre-production and then stop. There must be a big reason.

I'm just wondering, if you can't give details, no problem.

Thunderdome

MM4 ...

Postby Redd4 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:11 am

XAMan: I must echo Thunderdome's sentiments: Actually IN a MM film? Can I touch your robes? (not being sarcastic in the least--believe me) That is too cool.

About the indefinite shelving, I figure it has to come from Gibson himself; what studio would put a Mel Gibson film on the back burner? And I can't imagine George Miller would drag his feet on making a movie starring one of the biggest names on the planet, with one of the most recognizable characters in film history?

I realize you can't confirm or deny anything, and I respect that loyalty, I would be the same way. But the conjecture is still fun.
Redd4

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road