cattle dogs

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

cattle dogs

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 09, 1999 4:52 am

I have an austrailian cattle dog, his name is Max. I got him when I was 9, so he is about 11 years old now. I named him Max because of Mad Max 2. I told my mom that I wanted a dog just like the one in the movie, so she got me one. I have some pics of him if anyone wants to see. Oh, his life expectancy is about 19 years, but he should go way beyond that because he has the cushyest life in the world.
TheDarkOne

Re: cattle dogs

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 09, 1999 5:08 am

In Reply to: cattle dogs posted by TheDarkOne on July 09, 1999 at 12:52:21:

: I have an austrailian cattle dog, his name is Max. I got him when I was 9, so he is about 11 years old now. I named him Max because of Mad Max 2. I told my mom that I wanted a dog just like the one in the movie, so she got me one. I have some pics of him if anyone wants to see. Oh, his life expectancy is about 19 years, but he should go way beyond that because he has the cushyest life in the world.

I wanted something close for our dog, so we have an Australian Shepherd and a German Shepherd w/ possible Aussie Cattle Dog mix. Granted the Aussie Shepherd is American bred, but I think George Miller used the Sheperd in Babe, so close enough. In America, I've only seen a Australian Cattle Dog on the street ONCE my entire life, so picking one up would have been difficult.
Jason Carlton

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 09, 1999 5:17 am

In Reply to: Re: cattle dogs posted by Jason Carlton on July 09, 1999 at 13:08:31:

We got our from a couple who bred them. He's a pure bred with apaper and everything. There are two more pure bred cattle cattle dogs that live down the street and two Texas Healers (american version of the ACD) down the block. If you just ask the local pet store of humane society they usually know who breeds them or at least where to find them
TheDarkOne

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 09, 1999 6:19 am

In Reply to: Re: cattle dogs posted by TheDarkOne on July 09, 1999 at 13:17:43:

: We got our from a couple who bred them. He's a pure bred with apaper and everything. There are two more pure bred cattle cattle dogs that live down the street and two Texas Healers (american version of the ACD) down the block. If you just ask the local pet store of humane society they usually know who breeds them or at least where to find them

How much did your dog cost? How much does a Aussie Cattle Dog pup run?
Jason Carlton

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 09, 1999 9:43 am

In Reply to: Re: cattle dogs posted by Jason Carlton on July 09, 1999 at 14:19:01:

We paid about $75 for ours. They are not too expensive. But the pups do run a lot, Max was very active. Actually it depends on the dog. They are either active, or they are very mello. It just depends on the dog.
TheDarkOne

Re: Dinki-Di Dog Food

Postby Steve Pilant » Sat Jul 10, 1999 3:39 pm

In Reply to: cattle dogs posted by TheDarkOne on July 09, 1999 at 12:52:21:

As an AMerican I have a question to the down under crowd. Is DInki-Di dog food a fictional profuct or a real one? It looked to be real in the movies and the box that was visible in the back of the car behind Max. Anybody got any cans and a Dinki-Di box of the vintage in MM2/Road Warrior - the Meat & Veggies variety I think it was? They'd make an interesting addition as part of an Interceptor replica display. Perhaps the new cans don't look all that different from the old ones? Regs, Steve
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Return to General Movie Discussion