Fury Road Delayed again?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Bubba Fat » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:34 pm

It now looks like Mad Max 4 will be delayed again with the word that director George Miller has signed up to direct Happy Feet.

news.awn.com/index.php3?ltype=date&newsitem_no=8332

Probably old news, however I had heard nothing of this project !

I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Thunderdome » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:14 pm

Well, let's hope not. First of all, it says the article was from April 10, and production on Fury Road is on for September of this year. Plus, it says Happy Feet is to be released in late 2005, while Fury Road is supposed to be released in the middle of 2004.

I really wish we'd get some concrete facts about MM4.

We don't need another hero...we've got MAD MAX
Thunderdome

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:51 pm

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0345292

Read about "status" and "status update".
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Thunderdome » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:24 am

I don't get it, are they filming soon or not? I really, really, really hope this doesn't get pushed back to 2005.

Thunderdome

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Morrisminor » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:12 am

You might read into it like this........SHOOTING is delayed on MM4. This gives our friend George some down time to prep his next project which is not unexpected as most film-makers usually have two or three projects happening at the same time and being at various stages of development. When it comes to making a film the shoot is usually the shortest but most difficult phase of the project with post-work lasting (as a rule of thumb) twice the lenght of the shoot or longer and pre-production left to the discression of the film-makers. So the point I'm getting to is this.....Happy Feet'' may not even be an approved script at this point. For all anyone knows Happy Feet could be the shooting title for MM4 (see Blue Harvest = Return of the Jedi). If MM4 were to start shooting in late September then that aspect of the production could be wrapped by Thanksgiving. The usual on a heavy fx movie is to complete the location shooting prior to the studio session so that might mean a finnished shoot by Christmas 2003.If this were the case and considering post work and possible re-shoots then I would guess that Fury Road would open on Thanksgiving 2004.
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby camchain » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:29 pm

Damn good point morrisminor. I agree, it would appear that movie types are always doing prep work for the next film while still immersed in the current one. I'm not too worried if it's pushed back, so long as it isn't scrapped alltogether and I don't think that'll happen, as it appears there's already too much done with extras/stunt people and the such to pull out without getting sued for it.
Shoot The Tyre!!!
camchain

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Thunderdome » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:29 am

I completely see what you're saying, Morrisminor, but even though a Thanksgiving 2004 release date would be fine and much better than a Summer 2005 release date, it's the fact that the studio seems to be marketing this as a huge summer film, so they would probably wait until mid-2005 to release it. I just really hope things get moving soon because a summer 2004 release would rock.

Thunderdome

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:02 am

OLIVER STONE, made NATURAL BORN KILLERS and HEAVEN AND EARTH at the same time, then he even edited them at the same time. both turned out cool.

GEORGE is definently capable, but that ain't really his style.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Fury Road Delayed again?

Postby Bubba Fat » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:52 pm

http://moviepoopshoot.com/news/june03/21.html

Some news about Happy Feet. Apparently the film is already being filmed! Could be a good recentness for us!
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road