Weapon of choice in MM4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Anklecranker » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:29 pm

Have you seen Yamaha's bike the Road Star Warrior? Perfect for OutBack Marauders...

Will we see them in MM4?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/mcy/03rswarrior_ss.htm

Anklecranker

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Blackonblack » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:46 pm

Nice one......but I still prefer a 600 hp supercharged V8.

It's a matter of personal taste.....Image

Thoug it would be nice to see such machines appear in the film ( Of course being properly used, that is: burnouts, wheelies, mad racing and all the rest of pretty things for which they were designed! )Image
Blackonblack

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Bubba Fat » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:22 pm

[div]Yamaha? I believed that they make only musical instruments. Did you intend to speak about Kawasaki? Image[/div]
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby kwakka 9 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:38 pm

Ankle - that Yammie is not what I would have chosen. but the US model could well be different. Over here, the Road Star is a big chopper-style cruiser, feet forward, king/queen seat, big pullback bars etc etc. Yamaha do make a bike that would be really suited, although it has not been released in Oz yet. Its called the "Bulldog", and is a cut down streetfighter-type weapon. Still has a 1200cc donk, plenty mumbo here. Checked the pic's, yeh, the models are entirely different to those in Oz, the RSW looks a lot like a Harley clone. Mind you, a highly-modded version of one of these would probably work quite well.

Bubba - most Yamaha's I know can really sing !!Image especially those R1's. they are just awsome really. It would seem that most of the Yamaha's that will (may) be used in FR are off-road style.

Still waiting for the call from GM - when he needs a nice brace of kawasaki zeds, I am ready to go !!!! Yeah baby !!! If there is one bike that will always be associated with Max its the mighty Kwaka !! absolutely no bias here at all Image
The fuel injected suicide machine
kwakka 9

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Bubba Fat » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:09 pm

[div]Yes my friend, the R1 is brilliant... but I prefer Kawasaki, the ZX-12 R Ninja! [/div]
[div]worthy of Goose! Image The Z 1000 of today !!![/div]
Bubba Fat

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby kwakka 9 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:02 am

ZX12R, yes they are quite fantastic. I took one on a test ride late last year, nice sunny Friday lunchtime, around my local 'test' route. Its about 60km long, inlcudes freeway sections, nice back-road bumpy sections and normal country road sections. Saw 240kmh in 4th gear, not even at redline, ran out of road before getting into 5th or 6th. Read it and weep WRX owners HA i laugh at your buzzboxes.

The ZX12 is a genuine 300kmh+ motorcycle. Very worthy of Goose. BTW Bubba - have you seen the NEW Z1000 ??? not too bad either, feels very 'small' compared to the 12R.

Ankle I must offer an apology. Not 5 minutes after my above post, I saw an ad on the TV for, you guessed it, the Yamaha Road Star Warrier. It looks fantastic, the ad shows a racetrack setting, and plenty of feet-up burnouts etc, they would make a GREAT bike for Outback Marauders.

" ....your not doing it for him.........your doing it for me, Bubba........."
kwakka 9

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Bubba Fat » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:42 am

@Kwakka 9

The New Z 1000 is a beauty with its 4 mufflers. Charming !

However, a little expensive for a naked bike and small like a Ducati Mostro ! The engine comes from the ZX-9-R with 953 cc in place of 899. The frame is no longer made out of aluminium.

It's heavier, but the upside down fork is very large and the brakes are Nissin!
Bubba Fat

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby kwakka 9 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:10 am

those 4 mufflers are a bit of a worry Image most of the bike mags here who have tested the new Z reckon there is an easy 15-20hp to be found with a change to 4-1 exhaust. I have to say though, the idea is superb, what other manufacturer could get away with 4 exhausts on a bike in these days ?? not too many. I also took one of these Zeds out on my test loop, that was only in January this year, it was quite a revelation. Handled really really well, I was very surprised. Quick, it jumped to 200+kmh almost without effort. But small !! I could not get over how 'small' it felt, almost like a 600 class bike. Front forks are excellent, everything is great except the $$, although here in Oz they are cheaper than the FZ1 Fazer yammie. In a recent shoot-out in Aussie M/C news, the mighty Zed was the pick of the bunch ( Honda 900 Hornet, FZ1, Z1000) - I have tried to convince my local Kwakka dealer to let me race it in the local aussie NakedBike race series, well, hmmmm, he is gonna get back to me on that ............Image

cheers
kwakka 9

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Bubba Fat » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:31 am

Interesting ...

probably, I also will contact my dealer. He has a used ZRX 1100 (you know; the Eddie Lawson replica, very close to the Z1000 R) in a very good condition and with a lot of nice modifications ...he, he! People believe it's just a simple roadster, but don't forget that the engine comes from the ZZR-1100 (ZX 11)Image
Bubba Fat

Weapon of choice in MM4

Postby Anklecranker » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:06 pm

Road Star Warrior.....lives.
Anklecranker

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road