MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby kwakka 9 » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:50 pm

no goss to speak of , I am looking forward to some Image

a gig at Clunes would be great, especially for the bikers, and the run down the freeway, all those replica MFP Falcons, nomad bikers bulk trouble, well, hmmmm it could be 'interesting'. If an event occurs around Oct '04. that gives all the o/s fans a chance to make it as well. These things tend to cost rather large amounts of $$$, especially for the organisers ;-((. I rode on the '98 Stone Run 25th reunion, of course very different to a MM reunion, but the logistics would be much the same.......

The fuel injected suicide machine
kwakka 9

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby MFP559 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:07 am

Hey kwakka 9,

thanx for the reply, I agree on the October '04 date, It would give everyone a chance to save up the cash. I'm from Sydney and I'm certainly gonna do everything I can to be there. I've got a low budget yellow pursuit XB happening, still got a bit of work to do but it should hit the road later this year.

I take it you've got a kwakka... I've got a hayabusa that I've ridden to Phillip Island a couple of times, as well as a few trips to Brissy and one to Darwin last year. I'd love to see the MFP vehicles on the road in amonst the bikers on the way to the Island.

Do you think a MFP paintjob on the hayabusa would be going too far????

"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby kwakka 9 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:24 am

Now that would be interesting. An MFP 'Bus' the mind boggles it would be the fastest MFP bike in existence. Nice rigs, and steer heaps better than you would think.(Not exactly hard-core sports look are they ;-)

I have a coupla few Kwaka's (750 thru 1100) all pre '85, and assorted Yamaha's etc, the goose replica Z underway here is a 1977 A1, the correct model I am pretty sure. The clutch cover on Goose's Z looked pretty odd, black and not the right shape, perhaps it was an aftermarket one or something, that will be a pain to replicate. Everything else looked pretty much stock (fairing, seat and MFP bits excluded), carbies, controls, brakes. etc. It was fitted with some pretty extreme rearsets, using the pillion peg mounts for footpegs - the linkage was probably almost 300mm !! I am sure they must have had a couple of bikes for filming, Goose leaves Fat Nancy's complete with shiny 7-spoke mags, and prangs into the ute with wire wheels fitted. Can't imagine they buggered about with changing wheels etc, well maybe but why bother ?

I figured Oct next year, maybe the week/end before the GP, it would tie in nice, but maybe something else bigger than Texas is already being planned ??? lets see how it pans out. Original release date of MM was April 79? Maybe it will be an Easter gig ?? Was Goose a wayward choir boy ? who knows.

"We've come to meet a friend......"
The fuel injected suicide machine
kwakka 9

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby The Ducks Gutz » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:09 pm

Hi all,

Iv'e been to nearly every MM1 site and can say that i think that Little River would be one of the better reunion sites. It is close to all the major locations (The Last Chase, Kirks Bridge, the road where Max gets shot in the leg and many more). Coincidently the Little River Pub is located direclty across from the old Pub used in the film.
The Ducks Gutz

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby Hunter » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:43 pm

I am in for it. I think that would be cool. I always wanted to go to Australia. I dont know if Julie would want to go. Maybe I could just leave her at home. heh

Craig
"When do we go for a ride???"
Hunter

Previous

Return to Back 2 The Max