Did MFP officers wear sidearms?

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Did MFP officers wear sidearms?

Postby flightsuit » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:25 am

This might be a really weird question, but it occurred to me the other night that I have no clear recollection of the cops in MM1 carrying or wearing handguns. Is this correct?
FlightSuit

Funny stuff from me:
http://kraptastrophe.blogspot.com/
flightsuit

Re: Did MFP officers wear sidearms?

Postby Lonewolf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:23 am

Yes they did, oddly enough, they rarely used them. Goose only once was seen holding it when they first arrest Johnny the boy. And Max carry's one yet chooses not to use it at all.
Lonewolf

Postby MrEModels » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:03 am

Always thought it odd that Max struggles to reach his shotgun before Bubba runs him down permanently, but he's got a gun in a shoulder holster :?
MrEModels

Postby flightsuit » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks guys! It sounds like my not being able to remember them having handguns is, in fact, a product of the film itself not placing much emphasis on those weapons. I wonder if this might mirror how Australians' relationships with guns in general is somewhat different from Americans'?
FlightSuit

Funny stuff from me:
flightsuit

Postby Lonewolf » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 am

I wonder if this might mirror how Australians' relationships with guns in general is somewhat different from Americans'?

If you think that is a thing, there is actually a quick scene/moment before Max meets the Pursuit Special when he is at home where his son is seen ACTUALLY playing (holding) Max's hand gun. I thought as a kid it was a toy gun, but looking at it now on Blu Ray, its the real thing. Not sure why George put that scene in there, but no way would this ever be tolerated in a movie today. Gotta be a reason.
Lonewolf

Postby flightsuit » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:22 am

Ooh, good observation!
FlightSuit

Funny stuff from me:
flightsuit

Postby Taipan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:55 am

Lonewolf wrote:
I wonder if this might mirror how Australians' relationships with guns in general is somewhat different from Americans'?

If you think that is a thing, there is actually a quick scene/moment before Max meets the Pursuit Special when he is at home where his son is seen ACTUALLY playing (holding) Max's hand gun. I thought as a kid it was a toy gun, but looking at it now on Blu Ray, its the real thing. Not sure why George put that scene in there, but no way would this ever be tolerated in a movie today. Gotta be a reason.

The reason this scene is in the movie is simple:

It's one of the MANY remnants of the original script. I'd say they shot about 50% of the movie compared to the original script to be honest.

In the original script there was a scene where Sprog plays with the gun and the bullets and he eats 3 of them. There was Goose, Jessie, Max and Goose's girlfriend (I can't remember the name at this moment). Either way the kid ate the bullets, the lot gave him a laxative and waited until the crapped the bullets out into a pot. I kid you not this scene is in the original script. The only thing that's left of it was Sprog playing with a gun. The script is about 200 pages long and goes into a lot of detail about everything in the movie, hence the movie feels like it's missing parts and some scenes are baffling.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby BRC1974 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:44 am

Taipan wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:

The reason this scene is in the movie is simple:

It's one of the MANY remnants of the original script. I'd say they shot about 50% of the movie compared to the original script to be honest.

In the original script there was a scene where Sprog plays with the gun and the bullets and he eats 3 of them. There was Goose, Jessie, Max and Goose's girlfriend (I can't remember the name at this moment). Either way the kid ate the bullets, the lot gave him a laxative and waited until the crapped the bullets out into a pot. I kid you not this scene is in the original script. The only thing that's left of it was Sprog playing with a gun. The script is about 200 pages long and goes into a lot of detail about everything in the movie, hence the movie feels like it's missing parts and some scenes are baffling.

Is the script available?
BRC1974

Postby rustycarr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:47 am

here is an old post on the subject discussing some detail
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=6813
V8
rustycarr

Postby flightsuit » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 am

BRC1974 wrote:
Is the script available?

Yes, THIS! Now I need to read the script!

I already have the novel, but it's so poorly written, it was really hard to get through. Would love to be able to read the script.
FlightSuit

Funny stuff from me:
flightsuit

Next

Return to General Movie Discussion