Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen??

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

Postby AquaCola » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:23 am

First they need to decide is the next film the Max prequel or Furiosa Prequel/Sequel. Then a few years of planning, waiting for the teams and workers from FR top be free, the inevitable delays and problems that plague MM films, filming, editing and then release.

Another poster here who is in contact with a lot of people who worked on FR said it would be at least 4-5 years before it could be in cinemas.
AquaCola

Postby henry2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:08 pm

AquaCola wrote:First they need to decide is the next film the Max prequel or Furiosa Prequel/Sequel. Then a few years of planning, waiting for the teams and workers from FR top be free, the inevitable delays and problems that plague MM films, filming, editing and then release.

Another poster here who is in contact with a lot of people who worked on FR said it would be at least 4-5 years before it could be in cinemas.

4-5 years may be right, but seems excessive to me. I'd say 2-3 years tops, once the ball gets rolling. :)
henry2

Postby Copwatch » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm

I say give the man some time. I'm certain he's seen enough desert for at least a couple of years, and that he's got other things he wants to make.
Copwatch

Postby henry2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Copwatch wrote:I say give the man some time. I'm certain he's seen enough desert for at least a couple of years, and that he's got other things he wants to make.

I think Miller will get back to MAD MAX! In the meantime I'm going to see the 40th Anniversary screening of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND on the big screen this coming Friday! :D
henry2

Postby biolumen » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:05 pm

henry2 wrote:In the meantime I'm going to see the 40th Anniversary screening of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND on the big screen this coming Friday! :D

Is that the original theatrical version or the inferior 'Special Edition' cut?
biolumen

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:40 pm

very nice, henry2.
In which country/town is this showing ?

I'm looking forward to see two of the best action movies of all time back to back next Tuesday:

Terminator 2 -Judgement Day (3D) and, of course, MM Fury Road :D
Immortan Joecutter

Postby henry2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:15 am

biolumen wrote:
henry2 wrote:In the meantime I'm going to see the 40th Anniversary screening of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND on the big screen this coming Friday! :D

Is that the original theatrical version or the inferior 'Special Edition' cut?

That's a good question, but I can't find the answer to that anywhere online. It will just be a surprise. Sorry that doesn't answer your question. :)
henry2

Postby henry2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:19 am

Immortan Joecutter wrote:very nice, henry2.
In which country/town is this showing ?

I'm looking forward to see two of the best action movies of all time back to back next Tuesday:

Terminator 2 -Judgement Day (3D) and, of course, MM Fury Road :D

It's showing in select AMC theaters across the U.S.. Have fun at your movies my friend! :)
henry2

Postby henry2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:21 am

I've been doing some research and I think it's the Director's Cut of the film being shown, but I'm not sure.
henry2

Postby Mad_Jim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 am

henry2 wrote:Hi Mad_Jim! :) I still think it will happen. George Miller doesn't crank out movies, he takes his time which is probably part of why his films are so good. I prefer him taking his time so we get the best movie possible.

totally agree buddy, that im cool with but just an official yes were on it is all I want, just so I know 2020 or something we'll get at least a picture haha :)
"The Toe Cutter Knows who I am"
Mad_Jim

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road