News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

Postby Taipan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:22 pm

To be honest with you guys I'm very skeptical of Miller actually directing the next Mad Max movie.

Fury Road was such a difficult thing to shoot for him, he had open heart surgery during the shoot and came out shaky and absent minded for the remainder. If it weren't for certain people around him to remind him about the continuity and where things go it would be very difficult for Miller to pull this off. Of course he never mentioned it, I found out about it myself only about a month ago. That's why I'm very skeptical. Thankfully the scripts are almost there and they might not require the original director, there have been a lot of people pushing Fury Road in the right direction as it is, so I wouldn't be surprised if Miller decided to go into well deserved retirement on a great note that was Fury Road.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby AquaCola » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:16 am

Ugh that bulls**t article is going viral across on FB.
AquaCola

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:46 am

Even without the knowledge Miller had a heart surgery I won't be disappointed if we don't see another Mad Max from him.
For me Fury Road is the best movie since the Road Warrior and after 30 years of waiting, the simple fact this film exists is still a miracle.

Even after finishing Fury Road I assume George Miller was the busiest Director on earth without filming an actual movie.
Flying around the world giving interviews, receiving prices from everywhere. The buzz went on with the Academy Awards,
then being the jury president in Cannes, maybe working on the Black&Chrome version, and so on...

I don't think Miller will retire but he earned himself a break.
Immortan Joecutter

Postby henry2 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:35 pm

I hope George is doing great now, I had no idea about the surgery. I sure hope he doesn't retire, but I don't want him to risk his health either. I don't want another MAD MAX film if George doesn't direct it. Look want happened with the JURASSIC PARK franchise when Spielberg left the director's chair, part III was crap, alright THE LOST WORLD wasn't so great either.
henry2

Postby DGSimo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:04 am

lol The rumor seems to of hit local newspapers. Someone on the MM Replica FB page posted a newspaper clipping talking about the rumor with some quotes and how the studios in Broken Hill are going up for sale?

That reddit thing might of been my fault. I posted about the rumor on another forum which likely led to someone taking it and posting over on reddit. lol
DGSimo

Postby Artemis Flow » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Nice work Simo lol
I think its now time we get our revenge on shitty journalists and post our own bogus news report to keep us entertained :twisted:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby blastermaster » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Taipan, what is your source for George Miller having open heart surgery? Interesting as I haven't read or heard that anywhere
blastermaster

Postby DGSimo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:46 pm

blastermaster wrote:Taipan, what is your source for George Miller having open heart surgery? Interesting as I haven't read or heard that anywhere

I remember biolumen posted a video interview with Miller IIRC right after or before the surgery and he was in Namibia so circa late 2011/early 2012? So that particular bit of info is quite old if you've been around the forums awhile.
DGSimo

Postby AquaCola » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 am

So is Wasteland just going to be a fleshed out version of the Mad Max comics with Gastown, Glory & the Buzzards? Or will it be an entirely new script.
AquaCola

Postby SAM B R.W » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Aside from being ironic, maybe Mel Gibson could take the wheel at directing this one. His latest war epic is gaining incredible praise.
"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road