Fury Road inspired kit bash

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Re: Fury Road inspired kit bash

Postby Wozza » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Bull bar almost done...
just a little dry brushing on the tips of the angle bar.
Attachments
bullbar 1.jpg
bullbar 1.jpg (360.32 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Wozza

Postby Turbofurball » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:12 am

That looks great! :)
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby Wozza » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:51 am

Thanks Turbofurball.
Well installed some side steps, battery & the fuel tank, the driving lights are next...
Attachments
rear right 1.jpg
rear right 1.jpg (438.45 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
rear left 1.jpg
rear left 1.jpg (368.87 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Wozza

Postby Wozza » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:45 pm

More work on it this week, with a couple of air horns and working on a platform on the back for the 50 cal.
thinking of a motorised turntable with a seat and pedals on a frame with the gun mounted to it as well...
Attachments
gun platform.jpg
gun platform.jpg (374.51 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
air horns2.jpg
air horns2.jpg (411.23 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
Wozza

Postby Gastanksian » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:31 pm

That is so chrome it not true!

I love every speck of rust. I can see why the 32' ford coupe is so popular as a project car as it is an attractive shape.
Gastanksian

Postby Wozza » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Gastanksian, thanks for your words but your quote on (Hetzer's Cranky Frank) page about gremlins and the MOJO fades is so true...
Things was not looking right with it so I walked away from it for a time (and at the end of the day it's just a kit bash...) so I did other things, then one day I pulled some of it apart and reworked it, so here it is.
Attachments
right rear fin.jpg
right rear fin.jpg (76.38 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
left side fin.jpg
left side fin.jpg (94.68 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
front right fin.jpg
front right fin.jpg (71.09 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
back fin.jpg
back fin.jpg (47.18 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
50 cal fin.jpg
50 cal fin.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Wozza

Postby Hetzer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:54 pm

That looks pretty cool, nice work. I have found that when I work with something for longer, like Cranky which requires loads of scrathbuilding, a slight setback can halt whole project. That's not necessarily a bad thing, when working with something very intensely you come bit blind for your own work so little break can do wonders. Once you return to that project, things look fresh and solution for problem causing setback is usually right there. And after all, model making should be fun and not forced.
Hetzer

Postby Taipan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:26 pm

That looks really awesome, I like to think that your kit is a vehicle built by ex members of the Humungus gang post MM2, long before MMBT. Mad Max 2.5 if you will.

The cross would be an indication it's been built by those guys since Humungus used nazi symbols and the car itself would be made of the Mack Coolpower that Max crashed.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Wozza » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:52 am

Hetzer wrote:That looks pretty cool, nice work. I have found that when I work with something for longer, like Cranky which requires loads of scrathbuilding, a slight setback can halt whole project. That's not necessarily a bad thing, when working with something very intensely you come bit blind for your own work so little break can do wonders. Once you return to that project, things look fresh and solution for problem causing setback is usually right there. And after all, model making should be fun and not forced.

I hear what you are saying and it's all true, model making should be fun and not forced. I could not not have said it any better than that...
Wozza

Postby Wozza » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:00 am

Taipan wrote:That looks really awesome, I like to think that your kit is a vehicle built by ex members of the Humungus gang post MM2, long before MMBT. Mad Max 2.5 if you will.

The cross would be an indication it's been built by those guys since Humungus used nazi symbols and the car itself would be made of the Mack Coolpower that Max crashed.

The funny thing is that the chassis was left over from MM2 Mack build, it would make a good story because you don't know what happens to the marauding survivors.
Wozza

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling