Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Computer games, role playing games, online games...

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Mad Max RW » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 am

OzRedMonkey wrote:
Mad Max RW wrote:Other Places did a great ~5 minute video showing off the beauty and detail in Mad Max: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9TAUdZySQM

This should be the trailer on the Steam store page.


That was awesome! Thanks for posting. The music is very reminiscent of Mad Max 2/Road Warrior.


Good ear. It's from the Fury Road soundtrack. Look for "Many Mothers" by Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL.
User avatar
Mad Max RW
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:01 pm

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Stef-Man » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:38 am

Do we know now if the game is a commercial success?
Stef-Man
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby TheWarriorMax » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Stef-Man wrote:Do we know now if the game is a commercial success?

I did a quick search.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/22/digital- ... eport.html
Says it it was #2 in PC digital sales for September. I'm not sure if it even got a physical PC release. I had it pre-ordered from Best Buy and right after release they cancelled the order saying they ended up never getting the product.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/20/ps4-and-x ... 6-5450455/
(NPD) Says it was #8 for physical sales across all consoles in September. To put that into some perspective, here is the top ten from that:
1. NBA 2K16 (PS4/XO/360/PS3)
2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4/XO/360/PS3)
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4/XO/PS3/360)
4. FIFA 16 (PS4/XO/360/PS3)
5. Destiny: The Taken King (XO/PS4/360/PS3)
6. Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
7. Disney Infinity 3.0 (360/Wii U/XO/PS4/PS3)
8. Mad Max (PS4/XO)
9. NHL 16 (XO/PS4/360/PS3)
10. Minecraft (360/PS3/XO/PS4)

Considering the big annual sports releases, MGS5, and Destiny, seems like Mad Max did OK. One thing though just from personal experience, the game seemed to drop in "street prices" pretty quickly, especially on PC.
TheWarriorMax
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Stef-Man » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:44 am

TheWarriorMax wrote:
Stef-Man wrote:Do we know now if the game is a commercial success?

I did a quick search.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/22/digital- ... eport.html
Says it it was #2 in PC digital sales for September. I'm not sure if it even got a physical PC release. I had it pre-ordered from Best Buy and right after release they cancelled the order saying they ended up never getting the product.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/20/ps4-and-x ... 6-5450455/
(NPD) Says it was #8 for physical sales across all consoles in September. To put that into some perspective, here is the top ten from that:
1. NBA 2K16 (PS4/XO/360/PS3)
2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4/XO/360/PS3)
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4/XO/PS3/360)
4. FIFA 16 (PS4/XO/360/PS3)
5. Destiny: The Taken King (XO/PS4/360/PS3)
6. Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
7. Disney Infinity 3.0 (360/Wii U/XO/PS4/PS3)
8. Mad Max (PS4/XO)
9. NHL 16 (XO/PS4/360/PS3)
10. Minecraft (360/PS3/XO/PS4)

Considering the big annual sports releases, MGS5, and Destiny, seems like Mad Max did OK. One thing though just from personal experience, the game seemed to drop in "street prices" pretty quickly, especially on PC.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, the "street prices" thing is pretty uncommon...
Stef-Man
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Hetzer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:23 am

Completed story second time, and I think it's time to put this to rest until they decide to release more material. This game needs possibility to replay missions, new game plus feature or some serious DLC, I mean once the map is empty there is nothing to do except those random encounters with Roadkill or Warboys. Sure it's fun to drive around with Interceptor to a certain point, but that gets old pretty quick too.
Hetzer
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:23 am

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby OzRedMonkey » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Hetzer wrote:Completed story second time, and I think it's time to put this to rest until they decide to release more material. This game needs possibility to replay missions, new game plus feature or some serious DLC, I mean once the map is empty there is nothing to do except those random encounters with Roadkill or Warboys. Sure it's fun to drive around with Interceptor to a certain point, but that gets old pretty quick too.


I'm in the early stages of my first go round, just about cleaned up Jeet's territory with some small incursions into other territories. I'm enjoying taking my time and finding new ways to achieve things. Hopefully there are surprises in store rather than the game just getting more difficult.

After playing through twice, what upgrades to Max and the Magnum Opus do you think are most important? And what tasks or challenges do you think are less important?

I've done one Death Run and attempted another but kept getting blown up by other racers. Should I be doing more of Death Runs?
User avatar
OzRedMonkey
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 am

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Hetzer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:50 pm

OzRedMonkey wrote:
I'm in the early stages of my first go round, just about cleaned up Jeet's territory with some small incursions into other territories. I'm enjoying taking my time and finding new ways to achieve things. Hopefully there are surprises in store rather than the game just getting more difficult.

After playing through twice, what upgrades to Max and the Magnum Opus do you think are most important? And what tasks or challenges do you think are less important?



I would focus on upgrading weaponry and performance for more top speed, in second round I didn't install any barbs on the car as boarders aren't too much of an problem. I also would keep armor on the light side when roaming Jeets or Gutgash, and not full even when moving up north. I didn't use sideburners much either. Also when you meet Hope in Gutgash's ship, ignore her. That mission is available later so no worries.
With Max I would use Griffa tokens to max health and fighting skills, fuel consumption isn't important so I'd leave that last item to upgrade. Also Max's armor and knuckle dusters are important upgrades.
Try to get strongholds upgraded and clear thread levels when needed for upgrade unlocks.
Finally Top Dog fights, they are quite similar to each other. Use intel encounter before entering camps for more info about those fights.
Hetzer
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:23 am

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Nitro » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:52 am

I've finished everything except some of the collectible cars, the scrap locations and the achievements. I don't know if I'll bother with the achievements but I might replay the entire game on the highest difficulty level.
"Remember lingerie?"
Nitro
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:46 pm

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby levcore » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:02 am

Got this game for Christmas and have been playing it constantly. Great stuff, what a fantastic continuation of the Mad Max universe, it's really great fun. I've just gotten to Gastown, i'm trying to take my time with the main storyline.
levcore
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Postby Taipan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:21 am

levcore wrote:Got this game for Christmas and have been playing it constantly. Great stuff, what a fantastic continuation of the Mad Max universe, it's really great fun. I've just gotten to Gastown, i'm trying to take my time with the main storyline.



Speaking of which, I had an interesting talk with Mark Sexton the other day about the game and few other things regarding Fury Road. He stated that the game is definitely not canon. It's a bit convoluted, but essentially what happened was this:

Fury Road writers created a storyline that was going to be a prequel to the movie. That story included Scrotus, Glory and her mother etc, but here's the kicker - the creative control over the game was handed over to Warner Brothers and they decided to 'Americanize' it. The story was altered, it might also be the reason why Max had an american accent in early previews of the game too. They just wanted to make it as nondescript as possible. The team over at Avalanche studios wasn't even that familiar with the Mad Max franchise, so they took a lot of liberties. That's why everything is off, while using familiar themes from the movie.

Mark said he didn't play the game so he asked me if it was set in America - shows you how much involvement he had in the process and what the studio's intent was. Now the original storyline is in the comic books, albeit stripped down to bare minimum, but it is the correct version of what could have been in the game had it stayed under Miller's creative control.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron