Immortan Joe's relationship with the Splendid Angharad

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Immortan Joe's relationship with the Splendid Angharad

Postby AquaCola » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:00 am

KamicrazyWarGal wrote:Cheedo said, "He gave us the high life, what's wrong with that!".

I think there is an interview with George where he points out just how innocent she is and how Joe hasn't raped her yet. Thats why she is naive and makes a dash after the Canyon to go back to him once things start going really bad.
AquaCola

Postby flightsuit » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 am

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but does this lend any insight into the role the character played in the scheme of things?

Angharad on Wikipedia
FlightSuit

Funny stuff from me:
http://kraptastrophe.blogspot.com/
flightsuit

Postby levcore » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:39 am

AquaCola wrote:
KamicrazyWarGal wrote:Cheedo said, "He gave us the high life, what's wrong with that!".

Thats why she is naive and makes a dash after the Canyon to go back to him once things start going really bad.

Did George say the above part in an interview or just the first bit you posted? I was certain that Cheedo was 'faking out' Rictus by asking for his help to get on the Gigahorse as when Rictus gets her aboard and looks back, Cheedo is helping Furiosa climb up to get her revenge on Joe. I did not think she actually wanted to go back to Joe, she was just using Rictus's stupidity to make him think that, so she could help Furiosa onboard, who had climb round the front of the rig.
levcore

Postby KamicrazyWarGal » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:02 am

levcore wrote:
AquaCola wrote:

Thats why she is naive and makes a dash after the Canyon to go back to him once things start going really bad.

Did George say the above part in an interview or just the first bit you posted? I was certain that Cheedo was 'faking out' Rictus by asking for his help to get on the Gigahorse as when Rictus gets her aboard and looks back, Cheedo is helping Furiosa climb up to get her revenge on Joe. I did not think she actually wanted to go back to Joe, she was just using Rictus's stupidity to make him think that, so she could help Furiosa onboard, who had climb round the front of the rig.

Cola means earlier in the movie, after Angharad falls off the rig.
KamicrazyWarGal

Postby Turbofurball » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 am

Mmm, Cheedo goes from full-on Stockholm syndrome to crafty (yet still scared witless) rebel.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby AquaCola » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:07 pm

KamicrazyWarGal wrote:Cola means earlier in the movie, after Angharad falls off the rig.

Yep, when she's running back after Splendid has been killed. George or one of the other actors who plays the wives says it in an interview.

Speaking of there are so many videos on youtube and the Mad Max Facebook page that weren't on the DVD.
AquaCola

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road