(For Fun) Re-cast Fury Road!

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: (For Fun) Re-cast Fury Road!

Postby mahenoguy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:09 am

Sam Worthington as max........Noah Taylor as organic mechanic .........Willam Defoe as immortan........eddy furlong as Nux ( think American history x).....Noomi Rapace ( Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon tattoo) as furiosa
Bruce Spence as "fucking anyone , just put him in George !.......
Mel Gibson as one of the wretched waiting for water at the citadel
mahenoguy

Postby levcore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:11 am

I was trying to think of actual Aussie's who are the right age to play a young Max and the only two i could think of are Sam Worthington and Jai Courtney, two of the most hated men in Hollywood lol.
levcore

Postby mahenoguy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:20 am

Sam Worthington was very Max-esce in Dirty Deeds ( Brian brown and John Goodman ) I think he captured the "Cool "that Mel had in road warrior ( that said though , I really like the more Damaged Max in Fury Road...I remember thinking Max seemed the most sane out of anyone in Road warrior even as a kid ) Sam may not be very popular in Hollywood but I think he looks much more like Max than Tom
mahenoguy

Postby levcore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:30 am

I actually like Sam Worthington and we've already seen him as a post apocalyptic loner in Terminator Salvation so that gives us a general idea of what he could bring to the table (even if he did turn out to be a robot!)
levcore

Postby Nightwalker » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 am

mahenoguy wrote:Noomi Rapace ( Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon tattoo) as furiosa

She would have been a good choice for Furiosa.

mahenoguy wrote:Bruce Spence as "fucking anyone , just put him in George !.......

He would be a good Bullet Farmer. Imagine him preaching and ranting while shooting in any direction :D
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 am

mahenoguy wrote:Mel Gibson as one of the wretched waiting for water at the citadel

Hey man, that was hilarious :lol:
Immortan Joecutter

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 am

Mad Max RW wrote:
Immortan Joecutter wrote:
You mean that guy who played in 'Troy' about 10 years ago ?
How old is he now ? 47, 48? Man, in the meantime he is even too old to play James Bond...

I'm guessing you were never part of the "No Mel, no Max" camp. Since when is 47 too old? How old are you to say something like that?

He is a good actor but in my opinion he's not edgy enough. Okay, he is Australian and maybe a die hard Mad Max fan
but that alone doesn't make him a good contender to play the role of Max Rockatansky.

Keep on dreaming . . .

Nobody said those were his lone qualifiers. Eric Bana's "Chopper" is as good or better than Tom Hardy's "Bronson". Dismissing him for Troy is equally ignorant as dismissing Hardy as just the badguy from Star Trek Nemesis.

It seems I have hit a red button...
anyway, but somehow you misinterpreted my comment on Eric Bana :?

I like him as an actor. He was perfect in 'Hanna' and I liked him in 'Troy' as well. 'Chopper' I haven't seen.
Before Daniel Craig he was my first choice for James Bond but unfortunately now he is too old to play the role...
In my eyes Bana is simply not the right type of guy to play the character of Max Rockatansky.

And yes, as many hardcore fans I once was in the "No Mel, no Max" camp - but that's history now. I accepted Tom Hardy as the new Max.

If you can't... well, then you might have a problem for the next 10 years or so . . .
Immortan Joecutter

Postby Mad Max RW » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm perfectly content with Tom as Max. It seems you missed the point of this thread.
"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Would be definitely more fun for me to re-cast Road Warrior ;)
Immortan Joecutter

Postby levcore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 pm

I could see Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, The Guest) as Max and Rebecca Ferguson (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Hercules) as Furiosa.

Liam Neeson as Immortan Joe!

Or even Mickey Rourke lol.
levcore

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road