How often do you think the War Rig makes the supply run?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

How often do you think the War Rig makes the supply run?

Postby levcore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 am

two supply runs, presumably done separately and not in one go, to Gas Town and to the Bullet Farm on a regular basis. Taking supplies from The Citadel as trade/ payment for Guzzoline and bullets/ arms. How often or how regular do you think these supply runs are? If we are to assume that only Furiosa makes the supply runs (with her War Boy protection detail of course) and that no other Imperator's do i wonder how often this is. Gas Town is pretty damn close so it could feasibly be happening several times a week (whether several times would even be necessary).
levcore

Re: How often do you think the War Rig makes the supply run?

Postby BRC1974 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:22 am

I wonder how much ammo the citadel needs. Who would they use it against. Buzzards or would they attack other clans not shown in the movie? I would imagine they'd be reluctant to kill because they'd want to get as many 'blood bags' as they can.
BRC1974

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 am

But they need to disable vehicles to hijack, like when they Thunderstick the Interceptor.
Imagine how many attacks on the Citadel there is too? I doubt from the Buzzards, they have their turf and may even trade themselves time to time, but i doubt Joe's the only one who's ever tried to take over the Citadel.
Keeping up target practice etc as well, you need ammo for that. ;)
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby levcore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:09 am

Yeah i wonder what happens under Furiosa's regime when the next attack on The Citadel occurs, does she just invite the attackers up to share their water? lol
levcore

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 am

rockatansky4073 wrote:Imagine how many attacks on the Citadel there is too?

You'd need an army to attack the Citadel. WW2 proved how effective fortresses like that are. Your only hope would be sabotaging their water supply somehow or trying to smoke everyone out. I can't imagine marauders would do much more than try to pick off the odd supply vehicle. For most smaller gangs it would make more sense to live alongside Immortan Joe than take him out - doing so could potentially end the supply of milk and water.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby levcore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:35 am

True but Joe and his fairly small gang managed to take The Citadel, so it can be done.

Obviously this is using the comics as canon
levcore

Postby AquaCola » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:20 am

I'd say one or twice a week. Gastown and Bullet Farm would both need a lot of water, food and Mother's Milk to feed all the workers and warboys.

There were several Blood Bags so I presume scouting parties head out regularly to hunt down healthy survivors and convoys passing through. That would require a lot of fuel each time since Max must have been quite far from civilisation. I'm sure Joe likes to take the Gigahorse for a spin to Gastown and Bullet Farm every know and then. They'd also need fresh workers(slaves) on a regular basis so that would require transport to and from.

The canyon bikers would also need gas and water. We see they have a supply after the Gastown truck blows up in the distance which means they either trade with them or they get their supplies from trapping vehicles in the canyons. Since the cars were stripped maybe they trade engine parts, wheels etc with the buzzards and Citadel.

Since Immortan Joe doesn't want any harm to come to his brides they must have left a lot of the guns back at the citadel or Furiosa sneakily packed them all into the War Rig since there is a ridiculous amount when Max goes looking. The lift guards would need bullets in case the crowds get out of hand.

Skirmishes with the Buzzards must be common enough because the car hauler had a buzzard vehicle on the back and they were hostile to Immortan's men. There must be other factions nearby since he keeps such an abundance of cars, weaponry, soilders.

We also know from the Art book that there have been a few attempts to take Gastown, wether by Buzzards or another faction.
AquaCola

Postby levcore » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:00 am

Yeah i agree with AquaCola you've summed it all up pretty well.

It would be great to see more of the rocky riders and see their set up. obviously the comics have given us a better picture of The Buzzards.
levcore

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:16 am

I think desperation would dictate attacks on the Citadel.
I know you'd NEED an army to get in there, but thirst and hunger would force many to try.
Not many would wait till their numbers were up to do it.
Imagine how many of 'the wretched' have tried climbing those walls?
weakness was probably the only thing stopping them. Plus hope that the Immortan might drop some water this week, so maybe i'll wait n see instead of risking my life.
rockatansky4073

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:20 am

AquaCola wrote:
Skirmishes with the Buzzards must be common enough because the car hauler had a buzzard vehicle on the back and they were hostile to Immortan's men. There must be other factions nearby since he keeps such an abundance of cars, weaponry, soilders.

That Car carrier was empty at the beginning of the chase - it was just carrying war boys, then it slowly picks up Elvis and one by one other vehicles that went down in the battles.
The Buzzard vehicle wasn't from a past skirmish, it was from the battle that lost Morsov and Ace.
They could use the gas in it, the tyres etc.
who knows how much ammo/weapons were stored in it too.
rockatansky4073

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road