Furiosa's plan for the Canyon

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Furiosa's plan for the Canyon

Postby AquaCola » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:15 pm

There is one thing I haven't figured out yet.

She made a deal to be alone, give them 300 gallons of fuel in a pod and they would drop the rocks to block the way for the vehicles pursuing her.

So what was she planning to do with the 2 vehicles, 2 bikes and several War Boys on the War Rig that were accompanying her. Did she anticipate the Buzzards would take most/all of them out? She seemed very surprised when she saw the storm so that doesn't seem likely. Maybe she would have had them wait at the entrance since they were so loyal and trusting of her?
AquaCola

Re: Furiosa's plan for the Canyon

Postby Turbofurball » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Or maybe the Rock Runners would have picked them off ... though having that as part of the plan kinda works against Furiosa's attitude to her war rig team earlier, where she appears to be conflicted about some of their deaths.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby MWFV8 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:32 am

AquaCola wrote:There is one thing I haven't figured out yet.

She made a deal to be alone, give them 300 gallons of fuel in a pod and they would drop the rocks to block the way for the vehicles pursuing her.

So what was she planning to do with the 2 vehicles, 2 bikes and several War Boys on the War Rig that were accompanying her. Did she anticipate the Buzzards would take most/all of them out? She seemed very surprised when she saw the storm so that doesn't seem likely. Maybe she would have had them wait at the entrance since they were so loyal and trusting of her?

3000 gallons of guzoline.

She had agreed there would be a few pursing vehicles if any at all. They would have been sitting ducks in the canyon and, unless she'd manage to continue her ruse that it was all part of her confidential orders, I doubt they would have dared follow the War Rig in.

Plus, she could probably have taken her crew by surprise by taking out her second in command as he came down for orders and using the war rig to take out the other vehicles.

Another option would have been for her to stop, have her crew all dismount for an update, and try to convince them of a new plan, with the five wives standing by armed in secret ready to take them out if they didn't buy into it.

Or the War Rig itself, with all it's hidden weapons and such, may have had various booby traps installed to take out marauders who managed to get onto it.

As she clearly states. She got unlucky.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby KamicrazyWarGal » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:40 am

I always thought like she was hoping Ace* and maybe some of the War Boys would just go along with her betraying the Immortan Joe, when they figured it out. The ones that don't would be among the "few vehicles in pursuit - maybe!" What was really unlucky is that Joe appeared to immediately suspect her of stealing his brides. And subsequently lead his entire carmada on a Fury Road! (Extra unlucky when the dust devils give time for the Bullet Farm and Gastown carmadas to show up)

*What fool was supposed to drive the Rig in the canyon before Max showed up? It's sad cause Furiosa and the Ace seemed like they were friends T-T
KamicrazyWarGal

Postby levcore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:27 am

I loved The Ace, one of my favourite characters. I was gutted when he bought the farm so early. I thought the actor was absolutely terrific in a very brief role and he was so sweet the way he thought it was all part of a plan:

"Why can't you stop?"

up to a point! lol
levcore

Postby MWFV8 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:44 am

Ace stuck out to me too. Didn't know his character name. One of the few australian accents too. Love the bit where he's trying to get Furiousa to make eye contact.
MWFV8

Postby levcore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:51 am

lol yeah "We're not going to gas town?.................................. Bullet Farm?"

that bit always makes me smile because he's so loyal to the cause and just doesn't have a clue what's transpiring poor dude.

He's definitely called The Ace but Nux calls him something else just before he gets killed and Nux needs him to move away from Furiosa's cab so he can shoot her. It's always like he calls him 'Fag' (or is that another bit) but i can't be sure, also it's a word i'd be surprised Miller would use in this day and age.
levcore

Postby levcore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:57 am

KamicrazyWarGal wrote:
*What fool was supposed to drive the Rig in the canyon before Max showed up? It's sad cause Furiosa and the Ace seemed like they were friends T-T

Very good question, who the heck was supposed to drive the rig in the canyon as Max obviously wasn't part of the original plan and the wives were hardly capable (badum tish).
levcore

Postby MWFV8 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 am

levcore wrote:
KamicrazyWarGal wrote:

Very good question, who the heck was supposed to drive the rig in the canyon as Max obviously wasn't part of the original plan and the wives were hardly capable (badum tish).

Don't see why the wives wouldn't be capable?

The scene is blatantly contrived to build the relationship between Max and Furiousa. He doesn't trust anybody but she trusts him. Also sets up the "My name is Max" line which confirms his character arc.

She didn't even need to shut off the engine.

It's just poorly written.
MWFV8

Postby KamicrazyWarGal » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:56 am

MWFV8 wrote:Don't see why the wives wouldn't be capable?

Trucks are hard to drive! Once my dad told me a story when he was young on his first day on a job he needed to drive a big tractor truck up a hill, but his boss had to step in and do it for him cause all the other professional truck drivers behind him got angry. And it would be especially hard when you need to fang it on cue from a cold start away from angry bikers! I still think Furiosa wanted the Ace to do this bit.

MWFV8 wrote:She didn't even need to shut off the engine.

AFAIK unhitching a trailer like that takes a bit of time, leaving the engine on could seem suspicious.
KamicrazyWarGal

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road