TN theater shooting attempt

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

TN theater shooting attempt

Postby MFP_1138 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Happened during a screening of Fury Road. Some guy used pepper spray, a pellet gun, and a hatchet on audience members. They got the guy at least and thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

I am also thankful that no one is blaming Fury Road for "inspiring' the incident. However, in all honesty I was kind of afraid this would happen. Ever since James Holmes did it during Batman 3 years ago, it would be just a matter of time until someone else tried. And it's only been a couple of weeks since the shooting at the Amy Schumer movie.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/05/gunman-nashville-movie-theater/31171671/

The world has gone mad, indeed.
"He's in a coma, man. He loves it."
MFP_1138

Re: TN theater shooting attempt

Postby BRC1974 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:59 pm

At the Islamic Center of Tennessee, about a half mile away, eight to 10 worshipers were gathered for noontime prayer when the shots rang out.
"We heard seven or eight gunshots," said Hamza Chaudary, office manager at the center.
The incident did not interrupt their prayers.
"We recognized it was gunshots, but we didn't really react in any way as it wasn't something we could control," Chaudary said. "We didn't think of it as a threat of security to ourselves."

Sounds odd.
BRC1974

Postby MWFV8 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:48 am

Awful news.

BRC1974 wrote:At the Islamic Center of Tennessee, about a half mile away, eight to 10 worshipers were gathered for noontime prayer when the shots rang out.
"We heard seven or eight gunshots," said Hamza Chaudary, office manager at the center.
The incident did not interrupt their prayers.
"We recognized it was gunshots, but we didn't really react in any way as it wasn't something we could control," Chaudary said. "We didn't think of it as a threat of security to ourselves."

Sounds odd.

This is just the bystander effect.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby themanw/oaname » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:53 am

yeah. what do you expect them to do?

say you're in a building in the same area, what is expected of you to do?

whatever you do: seems odd.

im so tired of american muslims getting shit on by people; they have just as much right to be here and practice their religion as a christian does.
themanw/oaname

Postby Mad Max RW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 am

The area used to be #5 in the nation for violent crime. I'm in New Haven, a city that up until a couple years ago was ranked #2 as the most dangerous to live in. After a while you get used to hearing gunshots and sirens every day and throughout the night. I can almost understand their reaction (or lack of). Putting two cops at every corner helped tremendously. That's what we will start seeing in movie theaters now, especially if people stop going.
Mad Max RW

Postby Turbofurball » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:56 am

How to sneak chocolate into American cinemas ...

Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road