replacing the steering wheel

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

replacing the steering wheel

Postby levcore » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:25 am

So of course we all know/ remember Rictus shooting his rather nifty crossbow grapling gun thing, hitting the war rig steering wheel and yanking the damn thing off along with almost taking off Max's hand). This as we know temporarily leaves the rig minus a steering wheel, until they are able to later on replace it with the Bullet Farmer's wheel.

HOWEVER didn't they already have another steering wheel? Ie Nux's. When we see the wide shot as Max goes to the back of the rig to sort out the fuel pod (because Nux has unplugged one of the cables) we see Nux crawling from the tanker to the front of the rig, he still has his steering wheel with him as he places it ahead of him while he's making his way towards the front of the war rig.

Am i right on this? We see Nux in the wide shot still with the steering wheel and we see him go into the cab, then he attacks Furiosa. So really Nux not only has another steering wheel, but he must've left it in the cab after the struggle and then getting booted off the rig. He doesn't have the wheel with him when the wives throw him off so it's still in the cab.

So before the rig even loses its steering wheel, there should already be a spare one on the cab, surely they would see this? Is this a goof or am i just way way off on this?
levcore

Re: replacing the steering wheel

Postby Deaths Head » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:51 am

Nux was unconscious and carried a quarter mile or or more from his car crash to the war rig without his wheel and ran after the rig to climb on without it. I don't recall seeing it apear again in the film.
"Among other evils that being unarmed brings you it causes you to be despised" Nicolo Machiavelli
Deaths Head

Postby AquaCola » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 pm

I think you're seeing his chain.
AquaCola

Postby levcore » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:22 pm

I'll have to go back and check. I thought he'd looped the chain that connects him and Max around and through the steering wheel before they crash in the sandstorm, so the wheel was with them when Max carries Nux to the stationary war rig.
levcore

Postby AquaCola » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 am

I'll have to check that one.
AquaCola

Postby Artemis Flow » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:48 am

No wheel

Cc7mlq2.jpg
Cc7mlq2.jpg (148.08 KiB) Viewed 952 times
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 pm

BUST THE DEAL FACE THE WHEEL!!!
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Yeah i dunno why i just did that...
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby levcore » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Thanks for the added confirmation. In the wide shot of Nux traversing his way to the front of the war rig it really looks like he has a steering wheel with him, oh well.
levcore

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road