Street Machine - Back 2 The Max

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Postby Wrinkles » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:02 am

DaFax - I think I explained that in my previous post - Street Machine's budget just isn't financially strong enough to warrant the extra copies required for public demand.

...but despair not, ladies of the world (I suppose on this forum that's the grand total of Rio and MaxG) - check screening times at your local cinema for "Wrinkles' Day Off" - the story of an extremely good looking and highly intelligent bloke who "pulls a sickie" from work, and spends the day lazing by the honey-filled swimming pool, while naked lesbians dance carefree around the ever-so-slippery edge. (Rated R)

Whoa! - what a film! I especially like the part where Wrinkles steals his father's XBGT coupe, and goes around playing chicken with motorcyclists on bridges! - priceless!

......betcha can't wait for the sequel.

Wrinkles

Postby Dave_H » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:05 am

Mitch,

I probably met you on the b2tm weekend but cant put a face to the name, are you near Sydney and coming to the reunion-reunion?

give me an email

n e w d a v i d h at hotmail . com

cheers
Dave_H

Postby Dave_H » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:07 am

>>...but despair not, ladies of the world (I suppose on this forum that's the grand total of >>Rio and MaxG) - check screening times at your local cinema for "Wrinkles' Day Off" - the >>story of an extremely good looking and highly intelligent bloke who "pulls a sickie" from >>work, and spends the day lazing by the honey-filled swimming pool, while naked >>sbians dance carefree around the ever-so-slippery edge. (Rated R)

Wrinkes has done it again. He never going to learn...

Dave_H

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:26 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Peter Barton on 16 October 2002

Interdictor, I already have spare copies picked up for yourself and Anklecranker (along with Empire). If any of you guys are located nearby to each other I can send them all together to save on the postage, otherwise I'll just get them packed up for each of you tonight and find out the postage costs tomorrow.

Hey Pete,what about me??:( i wanna copy too,how much are they?

ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby Peter Barton » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:12 pm

The magazines are only $7.50 (Australian $), but it costs about $14 to air mail one to the USA! Image So if you need one I'm happy to help out, just be aware that the postage is going to cost you double what the magazine is worth unfortunately. And if anyone knows a cheaper way to do this, please let me know!
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby Interdictor » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:18 pm

is that $14 AU? even if it's US, that's only like 18 bucks total (not including my Empire :) ) for a bit of history not available over here. Very reasonable, if you ask me! (and I should think any mag with a write up on B2TM is worth more than $7.50!)
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby Intceptbuilder » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:20 am

Actually I can't quite figure Street Machine out, They could have done a huge multi page spread on the event easily. Don't get me wrong it is always good to get a story into this top selling car mag. But the cars from Mad Max almost define the Australian Muscle car world wide. Before Max no-one out side of Australia even knew Australia had a Muscle car industry.

Weather replicas or original these are important cars. Yet "Street machines" coverage of Australia's first internationally recognized and still most famous "Street Machines" was in my opinion at least ... rather scant.

Beyond a couple of good picture's of Scott's replica, they left a lot cars and information out. The yellow replica was really just a background shot, a bit like the "Skull car" was.

In that location, with those car's they could have easily done the definitive MAD MAX magazine article. In fact I am surprised that they did not.

I think that "Street Machine" don't really know what to make of the cars, or that are not sure about how to present them in the mag.

It is like they are thinking are they real? Are they fake? Are they genuine "Street Machines? I think that the editor was scratching his head saying what the hell was or is going on here. I don't think he knew what to say or how to write it up.

But perhaps I am just "one eyed", because as a Mad Max fan I naturally what to see inside shots, vehicle specifications and all the rest. Show the detail, show the commitment, just as they do in the show car articles.

So perhaps the magazine is looking on with a "General public" casual interest view. But then again perhaps "Street Machine" could have approached it from a car nuts view, and told the car reading public all about the cars.

But something is always better than nothing.

But still the definitive Mad Max magazine article is yet to be written. Or perhaps it is a magazine in itself.

Hmmmm .... I actually tried to actually get a whole single issue magazine on the Mad Max cars and culture. No luck in the industry one is interested.

The market is not big enough they say.[/font]

Cheers

Gordon
[/font]
cheers

Gordon
Intceptbuilder

Postby Dave_H » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:20 am

Street machine certainly took enough footage. It would be great if there was a one off issue or supplement section about the cars, the attitude, the whole thing!. Just like Street Machine have for the summer nats. There are two issues I see preventing this.

1 - The unknown size of the Mad Max fan base/market, I can see some editor wondering why they should spend money publishing something big for a bunch of fans of a 22 year old movie.

2 - It seems to me that in this day and age I think that no one would be interested in supporting and spending the money on this sort of thing unless there was a buck in it for them. Street Machine sponsors the Summer Nats with big levels of publicity. Back2themax was created, orgainsed and most importantly, trademarked by a bunch of relative nobodys. Hence the lesser level of interest for the Back2themax event.
Dave_H

Postby Interdictor » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:55 am

Somebody send them the URL for Peter's site, if they think no-one is interested in these cars!
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby outlander » Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:44 am

To the editors of street machine if you are watching.I for one am thankful for the coverage of the event being that we couldn't get there.Sure more pix would be great but for some of us that could not go, we are happy.Who knows,they might have a feature on the cars planned at a later date or further coverage.We can only hope and wait.Please bring on more pix ,especially that Interceptor and the Landau.Yeah.Definitely the Landau.
you have to see the agent and sign the papers.And were do we find this agent?.
outlander

Previous

Return to Back 2 The Max