How much rust is TOO much?

Like the name says...

Postby Wrinkles » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:17 am

Don't be wasting perfectly good honey on such a thing! - there's too many lesbians out there just waiting patiently for a bit of a wrestle!

Wrinkles

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:42 am

I'm assuming these are lipstick lesbians? Some lesbians I wouldn't want to watch tussle, honey or no. Anyway, lesbians never did anything for me. Or is that TO me? I prefer the possibility of a reciprocating action. Let's replace the lesbians with heterosexual strippers who have a Falcon fetish, a taste for BBQ and black leather. And an aptitude for sanding rusty '75 Goss Specials. Girls who know body work, that's the ticket.

Too much testosterone around here, gotta go...

Mitch
Mitch

Postby FalconGTHO » Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:02 pm

ImageDoes one exist or has anyone thought of creating the Australian Falcon Owners of America club? A subgroup or even separate club could be the International Mad Max Interceptor Owners or the Mad Max Interceptor Club of America.
Any damage Goose? Nothing a year in the tropics wouldnt fix. You should see the damage Bronze. Metal damage, brain damage, I AM the NIGHT RIDAHH!!! A fuel injected suiCIDE masheen!
FalconGTHO

Postby Mitch » Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:30 am

GTHO,

There's an Aussie Falcon Owners Registry here in the US. There's a listing of all the known Falcon owners by region. They have been very helpful to me so far. Many are planning to go to the Ford 100th Anniversary in Dearborn, MI, as well as some Australian/NZ members. Should be a good showing of Falcons in general, and Interceptor/Pursuit replicas specifically. Depending on the condition of the car, and if they'll let my raggedy a$$ in, I plan on going. If there's a sizable Falcon contingent, I'd recommend attendance to anyone on this forum.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby FalconGTHO » Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:04 am

ImageWell, does the registry do as much as a club would? Im thinking along the lines of the Fairlane club. And I think the replicas should be registered separately.
Any damage Goose? Nothing a year in the tropics wouldnt fix. You should see the damage Bronze. Metal damage, brain damage, I AM the NIGHT RIDAHH!!! A fuel injected suiCIDE masheen!
FalconGTHO

Postby Mitch » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:32 am

The club posts the registry. The Yahoo discussions group seems to be pretty tight knit, yet open to new members. Been very friendly and helpful to me. Some members frequent this forum also. One thing to keep in mind is the dilution of only 60 or so Aussie cars over the lower 48 states. It's me and one other guy at the other end of Missouri for our state. Makes it kinda hard to have regular meetings. Online is pretty regular, and a lot gets talked about.

As far as registering the replicas separately, there are so few Falcons as it is, subdividing doesn't make sense. At what point would I have to change clubs with my John Goss Special, after I paint it Krylon Semi-Flat Black? (ha ha).

You should get a Falcon if it's your dream car. Get it while you can enjoy it. I had to wait almost 20 years, but I made my dream happen.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby FalconGTHO » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:57 am

ImageWell, I wouldnt say a Falcon is my dream car, howeveer, its on the list of cool cars I want to own at one point or another. I want a 73 GT, a replica and a 78 Cobra or Cobra clone.
FalconGTHO

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:50 pm

The Answer to our question has arrived.

HOW MUCH RUST IS TOO MUCH?

The Gossy just arrived Tuesday. It has rust. Too much? Maybe for some, but I'm stubborn. Now I need input from some of you gearhead/bodywork oriented Falcon owners.

Roof Rail repairs- Any suggestions? Looking for sources for patch panels, door skins and other sheet metal parts. Engine advice- she has the 302C. If I swap the cam and rods, I should have a 351C, right? What 4bbl intake and carb would work well with this motor?

It's a fixer upper, but definitely restorable. I haven't seen much evidence of frame rust yet, mainly sheet metal.

Wrinkles, the plan is to make an Interceptor replica, and then restore to original, with a few mods to update. I saved it from the scrapyard, and now the idea is to have fun with it, but keep everything available for a full-on restoration. I'd recommend vinyl seats instead of the velour, though. Honey is MUCH easier to clean off of vinyl.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby Mad Max 2050 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:49 pm

Mitch

I've just ordered some patch panels for my XB sedan from

http://www.falcongt.com.au/PRICELIST.html

They have a good selection and were very helpful

The most expensive part was the shipping

Hope this helps you....

"Big Bopper gotcha here, what's going down?"
Mad Max 2050

Postby nelson » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:05 pm

hey Mitch check the fuel lines. For an 8 they need to be metal not the rubber ones the 6's use. Not a stress but something to look out for.
nelson

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars