Affinity Photo artwork

Artwork and artistry, sketches, scripts, stories - drop all your creative efforts in here

Affinity Photo artwork

Postby OzRedMonkey » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:19 am

I've had a plot idea for a story for years based on the remaining MFP after Max has taken off with the BoB. I've always thought there's a goldmine of stories to explore there in the further decaying of society introduced in the first movie.

Then recently I was made aware of a retouching program that is in development that will eventually be released in competition with Photoshop, called Affinity Photo. The good news is there is currently a beta version you can download from the Affinity website for free. They are keen for feedback on any bugs or improvements they can make.

The drawback is it's only Mac compatible.

I have a Mac at home (and work on them at work - I'm in the graphic arts industry, but not a retoucher) so downloaded it and have put together a few images from the opening chase scenes of my plot idea.

I used various vehicle images that I found using Google search, with the locations straight from Google street view, all roads from around the Little River area where the original movie was shot. I though that would add to the feeling of familiarity. I've added shadows, smoke, dust, window tints and various motion and radial blurs.

Anyway if you have a Mac and can't afford Photoshop, try downloading Affinity Photo and have some fun bringing your ideas to life!

01 waiting for the rig blur.jpg
01 waiting for the rig blur.jpg (248.52 KiB) Viewed 616 times

02 the rig passes blur.jpg
02 the rig passes blur.jpg (173.01 KiB) Viewed 616 times

03 rig chase 1 blur.jpg
03 rig chase 1 blur.jpg (185.1 KiB) Viewed 616 times

04 Rig chase 2 blur.jpg
04 Rig chase 2 blur.jpg (180.99 KiB) Viewed 616 times
OzRedMonkey

Re: Affinity Photo artwork

Postby OzRedMonkey » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:21 am

And more…